If you're looking for more Legendary weapons in Borderlands 3, then we've got a prime candidate for you in the Cloud Kill. This SMG is a pretty great corrosive weapon, which will make it great for taking down anyone brave enough to armor up against an esteemed Vault Hunter like yourself. Check out our Cloud Kill Borderlands 3 guide which will tell you how to get this weapon.
Cloud Kill Borderlands 3 Guide: How to Get the Legendary SMG
The Cloud Kill Maliwan SMG is a relatively easy find in terms of the requirement being pretty straightforward. You have to complete one of the quests that Tannis will give you via Rhys, and this one is called Beneath the Meridian. They'll be on Sanctuary, and this quest that you'll get is a multi-part one that will involve opening your first Vault with some familiar faces. This quest is only accessible as part of the main story after you've completed "Atlas, At Last". We've laid out the steps for you below.
Cloud Kill Borderlands 3 Guide: Beneath the Meridian Walkthrough
- You'll be in possession of a Vault Key fragment, which you have to pass over to Tannis. You'll be tasked with delivering it to Tannis and then hanging out with some familiar faces like Rhys and Lilith.
- Once you've broken up the group huddle, you'll have to go to the Meridian Metroplex to kill Maliwan enemies who are standing between you and your Vault. Dispatch them and talk to a nearby Zer0.
- Keep pushing forward to be joined by Maya as well, before driving to Apollyon Station and picking off stragglers. There'll be a vehicle hijacking and destruction segment here where you need to show the enemies that their trucks are trailer trash before taking down a blast door witth Maya's help.
- Once you've cleared this door, there's a couple more vehicle-destroying segments here. Take down your enemies, rinse and repeat until you're inside Apollyon Station.
- Shoot your way through your foes until you hit the entrance of the vault. Kill the hordes of Vault Guardians that are marring your beautiful view before unlocking the Vault with your key and unleashing, well, the Rampager. Once you've killed the Rampager, you'll pick up an Eridian Resonator.
- Head back to Maya and follow the quest through the rest of its conclusions (big spoiler territory that we're leaving uncovered for your playing pleasure) and you'll be able to culminate the mission when you talk to Lilith.
Finishing Beneath the Meridian will net you the following rewards: cash, the Book of the Storm, an extra weapon sword, and the Cloud Kill Borderlands 3 SMG. Now that you've got your hands on this corrosive dream, you can start testing it out on the bandits foolish enough to try and oppose you. Need a hand with the other perplexing anomalies on Pandora? We have a guide to getting The Butcher.