So, while we’re all still eagerly awaiting literally any news about when we can expect to find the Battle Royale mode for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare ready to go, the team at Infinity Ward have been busy pushing through the usual patches to improve our in-game experience and, of course, to update playlists. The show must go on, even as the community seems to tire of waiting for the highly-anticipated BR mode that Activision has promised since what feels like forever, but until we hit the breaking point, here’s what we know about the Call of Duty Modern Warfare March 3 update.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare March 3 Update – What Has Changed
For those who are curious about what exactly has changed during the Modern Warfare March 3 update, there’s a full list of everything new on the official website for the game. Essentially, outside of predictable playlist changes, we’re also looking at some new features or tweaks when it comes to CoD Caster, as well as fixes for fans of the venerable Uzi. There are also some updates from a patch in late February that have now been distilled for players to properly digest. We’ve included the patch notes for you to follow along with below:
- Shoot the Ship 24/7 (replaces Dirty Old House Boat)
- 3v3 Gunfight (replaces Gunfight 3v3 Snipers Only)
- 1v1 Me Bro – all Gunfight maps. Includes an always-on UAV and the ability to hear enemy players speaking
- Boots on the Ground War – updated to regular Ground War with no tanks and removing Realism rules.
- Removed Giant Infection
- Sped up sprint out time
- New attachments available through challenges!
- New .41 AE caliber change for increased damage and range
- New Uzi Carbine Pro Barrel for increased range and bullet velocity
- Fixed a bug where the shaders status bar would read as paused in the UI even though the shaders were continuing to install in the background
- Fixed a bug where killfeed colors would become inverted
- Added a way to see when a player has activated Dead Silence
- In CDL Domination, the round transition screen would display “Team Wins” instead of “Switching Sides” when the first round ends. This has been fixed.
Our patch notes from 2/25 contained weapon notes that did not actually make it into update itself. The below changes are now live as of today:
- Increased close and mid-range damage for the AK 5.45x39mm round mags
- Reduced recoil to the SA87 12.4 Factory Barrel
Now that you’ve got the latest on the Call of Duty Modern Warfare March 3 update, it should be a little easier for you to have puzzled out what’s new or different. We’re pleased about the playlist changes, for one, as we see Shoot the Ship 24/7 return which is nice. We weren’t huge fans of the snipe fest that Gunfight had become either, so honestly, there’s very little for us not to like with the most recent patch. Need a hand with anything else related to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? Check out these tips and tricks that we’ve prepared for you, all collected neatly in our dedicated hub for the game: