A new update is coming very soon to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone. Season 5 kicked off earlier this month, but now we’re about to enter Season 5: Reloaded. The update rolls out on August 25, 2020, but a few days later a new event will start. That’s the Games of Summer event, and it will have players competing in Trials, and representing their countries in a global competition. And as you should expect from any in-game event, there are goodies to be had.
Modern Warfare Games of Summer Guide
Games of Summer will be running from August 28 to September 7, 2020. The competition here is a series of free, single-player Trials, available in addition to Modern Warfare’s normal Trials. These ones don’t require tickets to play, and can be played as many times as you want for the event’s duration. In addition to the rewards you get for score, there are also point values assigned to the medals you can earn to represent your country on the leaderboard.
Infinity Ward has laid out what each Trial is, what the medal time requirements are, and what the individual Trial’s loadout is. Check that information out below:
Trial One: Gun Course (Starts August 28) on Custom Gun Course Map
- Description: Make your way through the course as fast as possible while clearing all enemy targets and avoiding civilian casualties.
- Medal Times: 01:30:00 (Bronze) / 01:00:00 (Silver) / 00:40:00 (Gold)
- Loadout: Assorted Weapons
Trial Two: Price’s Alley (Starts August 29) on Custom Price’s Alley Map
- Description: Eliminate an endless series of enemy targets while avoiding civilian targets to maintain the combo for as long as possible.
- Medal Scores: 4,000 (Bronze) / 5,000 (Silver) / 6,000 (Gold)
- Loadout: Renetti (Handgun)
Trial Three: Risky Parkour (Starts August 30) on Livestock
- Description: Move through each checkpoint and finish the course as quickly as possible. Beware the heavy toxic gas on low ground.
- Medal Times: 0:55:00 (Bronze) / 0:47:00 (Silver) / 0:40:00 (Gold)
- Loadout: Combat Knife
Trial Four: Shooting Range (Starts August 31) on King
- Description: Locate and shoot all targets in the area as quickly as possible while conserving ammunition.
- Medal Times: 0:50:00 (Bronze) / 0:40:00 (Silver) / 0:30:00 (Gold)
- Loadout: Assorted Weapons
Trial Five: Marksman Challenge Starts (September 1) on Custom Marksman Challenge Map
- Description: Engage waves of long-distance targets and beat the clock. Missed shots burn time.
- Medal Times: 3,400 (Bronze) / 3,900 (Silver) / 4,400 (Gold)
- Loadout: HDR (Sniper Rifle)
Again, you can jump into these Trials as many times as you like, so don’t be afraid to suck a little at first until you can practice up to that gold medal. Each medal will net players a one-time reward for reaching that score, and if you get the gold on your first try you’ll get the silver and bronze rewards at the same time. After that, grabbing medals will get you points for your country, and that leaderboard updates once per day.
Just for participating, every player will receive a Games of Summer Cup weapon charm. If you get the gold medal in all five Trials, you’ll receive the Legendary Assault Rifle Juliet Blueprint. As far as the overall best country goes, Infinity Ward hasn’t yet stated at the time of this writing if the top countries will be rewarded, or if bragging rights are the main trophy.
- Modern Warfare August 20 Weapon Changes
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 5 Trials List
- Call of Duty: Warzone Will "Evolve" and Will Tie Into Future Call of Duty Games
Are you excited to go toe to toe with the nations of the world during Modern Warfare’s Games of Summer event? Or are you more interested in the individual medal prizes? Are you excited in general for Season 5: Reloaded to launch this week? Let us know what your opinion is over at the Prima Games Facebook and Twitter channels!