While you can take on all eight of the Paldea region’s Gyms in any order, you’ll be in for a rough time if you do so since they don’t scale. For example, some Gyms can be level 15, some can be level 30, and some can be level 50… And you definitely don’t want to take on a level 50 Gym with a level 12 Sprigatito. So if you want to avoid a beating, here is the best Gym order to take in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
Recommended Gym Order in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Gym Leaders are scattered all over the open world of Paldea meaning there’s no linear path to the next one like in previous entries. So before you head out, make sure you’re well equipped with healing items, Poke Balls, and whatever else you’ll need to survive on your adventure.
Here is the best Gym order to take in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet:
- Cortondo Gym: Bug-type leader Katy – level 14-15
- Artazon Gym: Grass-type leader Brassius – level 16-17
- Levincia Gym: Electric-type leader Iono – level 23-24
- Cascarrafa Gym: Water-type leader Kofu – level 29-30
- Medali Gym: Normal-type leader Larry – level 35-36
- Montenevera Gym: Ghost-type leader Ryme – level 41-42
- Alfornada Gym: Fairy-type leader Tulip – level 44-45
- Glaseado Gym: Ice-type leader Grusha – level 47-48
Each Gym has its own Gym Test that you must pass first in order to take on its Gym Leader in battle. These consist of minigames and quizzes – kind of like Sun and Moon’s island challenges. They’re almost as fun as fighting the actual Gym Leader themselves!
Good luck in your journey to becoming Paldea’s top Pokemon Champion.