Those who have been absolutely frothing at the mouth for the BDO PS4 update have a lot to look forward to. As of today, Black Desert Online players can look forward to a patch that adds Great Expedition content and more. While PS4 players have really only had a few months with the title since it launched in August, the active community has meant that we've been really up to snuff with things. Check out what we know about the BDO PS4 update and the most recent patch notes.
BDO PS4 Update: Black Desert Online Great Expedition Patch Notes
If you're wanting the information straight from the horse's mouth and totally uncondensed, then you can view the patch notes on the Black Desert Online official website here. Otherwise, we've broken them down a little bit for you and kept what's salient; small tweaks to animations or LED effects probably are kinda bitsy since they only apply to RAZER devices.
Here's what you need to know about some ongoing events in BDO.
- Daily Reward Frenzy - will run from October 24 to November 13, and award you with skill and combat EXP boosts, along with the chance to get Shakatu's Luxury Boxes and Seals.
- A Great Expedition - the launch will be from October 23 to November 6, and will give you a 30% boost to Sailing EXP. You'll also meet Ruelle, who will have a shop in the Dancing Marlin in Velia to sell you new ship designs. Finishing certain dailies will also give you double Sailing EXP during this time.
- Halloween 2019 - this will run from October 23 to November 6. You'll get Halloween Adventure Logs, and you'll get to see both Isabella the Black Witch and Hexe Marie for various event shenanigans.
There have also been other changes that affect players depending on their class:
- Passive skills have been adjusted, with new levels added
- Your passive skills have also been reset if you're Ranger, Musa, Maehwa, Ninja, Kunoichi, Dark Knight, Witch and Wizard
- Ranger's Spirit Healing now increases Max Stamina
- Tamers have a new passive called Beastial Instincts
Some quality of life changes also include:
- Unattainable items don't appear in Crafting Notes now
- Canceling the fishing action while in the Fishing Chair will make you stand up
- You can get Heroes' Song (recovers 5000 HP over 30 secs) from field bosses like the DIm Tree Spirit, Giant Mudster, Red Nose, Bheg, Katzvariak, Quint, and Muraka
- World Bosses will vanish half an hour after they appear, and beserk at both 15-minute and 25-minute intervals after appearing
- Gold Bar rewards have increased for defeating Kzarka, Nouver, Karanda, Kutum, and Offin
- There have been Skill EXP gain increases across the board for killing monsters in Valencia, Kamasylvia, and Drieghan. We're talking between 10% and 50% increases for areas like the Cadry Ruins and the Sherekhan Necropolis (Night) respectively.
Now that you've got the meat of the BDO PS4 update material to chew over, you'll be all ready to jump into the Great Expedition once the maintenance has concluded. Check our guides hub during the launch of all that great content when we update it with the information that you'll need to know.