Since Baldur’s Gate 3 was fully released earlier this month, many of us have enjoyed diving into its completed story and appreciating its modified graphics. However, with this change comes various bugs, crash issues, and other hiccups that require a quick hotfix. We got our first hotfix a few days ago, with this second one here to help again. To learn more, continue reading to find a complete list of Baldur’s Gate 3’s August 8 Update patch notes.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix 2 Patch Notes Listed
This second hotfix primarily looks at bug fixes, particularly with various crashes, cinematic fixes, and other miscellaneous bugs that occasionally pop up.
With that said, let’s look at Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix 2 patch notes!
CRASHES AND BLOCKERS
- Fixed an issue causing you to get stuck in dialogue.
- Fixed a potential crash when reloading a savegame made mid-dialogue.
- Fixed being unable to enter the Shadowfell if you saved while the prompt was on screen.
- Fixed a crash caused by the UI.
- Fixed a potential crash when saving while standing on a surface during combat or in Turn-Based Mode.
- Fixed a rare blocker when loading a savegame made in camp that would cause a party member to spawn outside of camp.
- Fixed a potential crash when choosing to stop listening in on a dialogue.
- Fixed a potential crash when applying dye to an item outside of the inventory or through non-conventional means, such as the Reward panel.
- Fixed a potential multiplayer crash when the client touches the transponder on the nautiloid and leaves the party, and then the host tries to open Party View.
- Fixed a potential crash caused by the game trying to load the Character Creation UI when you are no longer in Character Creation.
- Fixed a potential crash related to the tooltips of items that grant skill advantages but don’t have an owner.
- Fixed a rare PhysX crash.
- Fixed a rare crash related to moving items.
- Fixed long fade-outs when listening in on dialogues in multiplayer.
- Penises C and D no longer clip through some githyanki clothing.
- Male gnome sorcerers are no longer missing their undies.
- Fixed an infinite loop that could occur with spells like Minor Illusion, where the enemy and the illusion would repeatedly enter and leave combat.
- Fixed necromites not joining the combat with Ketheric.
- Fixed enemies on the upper floor of Moonrise entering combat with those on the lower floor.
- Fixed Voss’ dragon reappearing after the githyanki scene near the Mountain Pass.
- Fixed a book in Moonrise Towers showing an internal variable name instead of the correct content.
- Fixed an issue preventing the boss fight with Ketheric from progressing.
- Removed the version number that was below the minimap.
- Improved UI stability by preventing possible crashes and possible savegame corruption.
- Fixed issues with rendering on Vulkan when minimising the game.
- Added additional multiplayer servers and server scaling support.
- Fixed an issue causing the wrong refresh rates to be applied if the game was not running in fullscreen.
- Fixed pauses and long silences in over 200 dialogues.
- Companions no longer block the camera in some dialogs.
- Fixed a camera issue where you see the back of Gale’s head when he asks you to place your hand over his chest.
- Fixed a pop on Shadowheart when she hears the voice of Shar.
- Fixed Gale’s paddle hands in one of his dialogues.
- Fixed Guex looking at the floor in his dialogue in the Emerald Grove.
- Fixed a blocked camera in the dialogue with Benryn at Waukeen’s Rest.
- Fixed clipping and other issues in the scene where you hear the voice of the Absolute when approaching the Goblin Camp.
- Fixed a camera issue and a pop in the dialogue with the owlbear in its cave.
- Fixed players’ feet sliding around in the dialogue with Jaheira after combat at Last Light.
- Fixed one of Astarion’s lines getting cut off in a camp dialogue.
- Fixed several animation issues in the dialogue after some acquaintances of Astarion visit camp.
- Fixed a pop for players using Body Type 4 in the scene with poor Liam at the Goblin Camp.
- Fixed a camera issue in the dialogue with Edowin, Andrick and Brynna in the forest.
- Fixed Kagha’s eyes rolling backwards à la Exorcist after the goblin leaders are defeated.
- Fixed a positioning issue with Lorin in the hag’s lair.
- Cleaned up some mocap in conversations with Astarion.
- Fixed a head pop in the scene with the ogres in the Blighted Village.
- Fixed Wyll’s head animation in the dialogue with Florrick at Last Light.
- Fixed Sceleritas Fel standing a little too close for comfort when he tells the Dark Urge to commit a certain misdeed.
- Fixed a camera issue in the scene with Radija at Moonrise.
- Fixed a minor pop when rescuing Zariel’s asset for Mizora.
- Fixed a clipping issue with a certain hag’s arms and leaves in the Blushing Mermaid.
- Fixed some character placement issues in an endgame scene.
- Fixed a camera issue for female gnomes in a dialogue at Moonrise involving something coming through a wall.
- Fixed a pop for the flesh golem when speaking to Balthazar.
- Fixed a camera issue when talking to one of Therezzyn’s dire wolves in Crèche Y’llek.
- Fixed character placement issues in the lanceboard scene with Mol and Raphael at Last Light.
- Fixed a character placement issue that caused Lae’zel to float off the edge of the nautiloid.
- Fixed several issues in the dialogue with Bernard at the Arcane Tower.
- Fixed a camera issue in the boat scene where you’re heading to a particular pool.
- Fixed a minor mocap issue with Fist Rowan at Wyrm’s Crossing.
- Fixed Minthara looking to the side with suspicion the night after the celebration at camp.
- Fixed characters’ heads popping downward when throwing a coin into the well in the Blighted Village.
- Fixed a minor pop when Shadowheart tries to convince you that you need her at the Goblin Camp.
- Adjusted Astarion’s expression in dialogue with Gandrel in the Sunlit Wetlands.
- Fixed Blurg being invisible and Astarion being stuck in the wrong animation in the Myconid Circle.
- Fixed several issues in the dialogue with the monk’s amulet.
- Fixed several issues in the dialogue with Dammon and Karlach about her heart.
- Fixed several issues in the dialogue with Fortuno Dibbs at Wyrm’s Crossing.
- Fixed several animation issues in the dialogue with Kansif and Warrior Vez in the Shadow-Cursed Lands.
- Fixed a minor timing issue with a Dream Visitor line when talking to Therezzyn in the crèche.
- Fixed issues with several voice-over lines.
- Fixed characters’ eyes looking in the wrong direction in the ambush scene in the Shadow-Cursed Lands if you side with the Harpers.
- Cleaned up some mocap in conversations with Gale.
- Cleaned up some mocap in the dialogue with Astarion about illithid powers.
- Added some pained grunts for the player in a scene about Wyll in the Colony.
- Added grunts in a scene for Dark Urge players after they resisted the allure of their Urges.
- Drenn is no longer invisible in the scene at Moonrise when Minthara has to defend herself.
- Fixed a very long pause in a dialogue with Halsin after the endgame fight.
That’s the end of Baldur’s Gate 3’s second hotfix update released today, August 8, 2023!
Baldur’s Gate 3 is available on PC, Mac, and soon on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. To learn more about the game, check out all controller shortcuts in Baldur’s Gate 3 (BG3), or click the game tag below to dive into our growing article list!