We've got the Bloody Harvest event to look forward to in Borderlands 3 soon enough, but if you're someone who's still getting caught up on the main campaign then don't worry! You're definitely not alone. In fact, we have a handy list of all the compulsory quests here in case you need a helping hand. With story missions come story bosses, though, and some can be a real pain in the butt. Check out this Aurelia Borderlands 3 guide for our tips on how to beat this ice queen.
Aurelia Borderlands 3 Guide: How to Beat This Boss
For those who aren't acquainted with the devilish beauty that is Aurelia, she's actually the sister of fan-favorite Sir Hammerlock. She first showed up in the Borderlands: Pre-Sequel where you could play as her. Unfortunately, well, she helped Handsome Jack with his monopoly over weapons trading in the galaxy and is kind of now an all-around awful person who's out for blood, hence why we're taking her down.
You'll have to kill Aurelia as part of the Chapter 16 main missions - Cold as the Grave. Essentially, she pops up when you're neck-deep in the Blackbarrel Cellars on Eden-6. Here's some handy tips if you're struggling with gunning her down:
- She's an Ice-type enemy, so forget about Cyro damage
- She also does a lot of AOE damage, so you'll want to stay on your toes
- Make sure that you're using Shock and Incendiary tactics to break her shield
- Watch out for the roaming snowball that she's got going. This can shoot our smaller snowballs that hurt
- She's deadly at range if you're not watching, especially when she shoots ice out of the ground and into you, so stay far away but alert for cues
- Shock weapons will work on her shield but she will literally use ice to boost herself up to get out of your line of fire. Shoot down the ice platform that she has
- Aurelia also uses ice to shield herself, and when she's fully coated in the stuff like a bloodthirsty Elsa, she will start to get health back. Chip away at the ice with damage to stop the health regen
- Dodge the slow-moving whirlwinds that she creates because they hurt, and ignore the adds; they don't do much, and you might want them for a Second Wind
- She'll have a skill that makes snow fall from the sky, and all you have to do is run away when you see the windup for it in the sky
Now you've got our Aurelia Borderlands 3 guide to hand, all you have to do is follow our helpful list of suggested maneuvers until her health bar drops to zero and, voila! Quest completed, and oyu can chug along with the next part of the story. Need help with something else? Check out our Homeopathological side quest guide for something to do near end-game.