Victoria 3 is an old-school grand-style strategy game in which players control over 100 countries in the historical period from 1836 to 1936. If that specific time period is something that interests you as well as the ability to manage the whole country through diplomacy and politics rather than war – this is the game for you!
But if things get too tough, there are some cheats to help you on your way to being the best 19th-century politician. Check out the cheats for Victoria 3 below.
All Victoria 3 Console Commands and Cheats Guide
To use codes in Victoria 3, you must first activate debug mode. There are two ways to do so:
- Add “-debug_mode” command to launch options of the game
- In the official launcher, go to the game settings and select “open game in debug mode”
Once you are in the debug mode, press the ~ key to open up the console and then type in any of the cheats from the list below followed by enter to activate them.
Fast / Speed-up Cheats for Victoria 3
First up the speed-up cheats that will make some aspects of the game faster:
- fastenact – fast enact mode.
- fasthire – fast hire mode.
- fastinstitutions – fast institutions mode.
- fastinterests – fast interests mode.
- fastmoblize – fast mobilize mode.
- fastravels – fast travel mode.
- fastrevoultion – fast revolution mode.
- fastsearch – fast search mode.
All Console Cheats and Commands for Victoria 3
- add_approval (interest group) (place amount here) – adds approval rating with a certain interest group.
- add_clout (interest group) (place amount here) – adds clout rating with a certain interest group.
- add_loyalists (culture) (place amount here) – adds a certain amount of the loyalist population to your country.
- add_radicals (culture) (place amount here) – adds a certain amount of radical population to your country.
- add_relations (country) (place amount here) – adds relations with a certain country.
- add_war_support (country) (place amount here) – adds war support with a certain country.
- annex (country tag) – annexes a chosen country
- changestatepop (state’s id) ( population type) – changes the population size.
- change_law (law) (country) – changes the law in a country.
- disable_ai – disables AI.
- enable_ai – enables AI.
- help – shows a list of commands.
- ingore_gorvernment_support – enables ignoring government support.
- kill_character (name) – kills a chosen character.
- money (amount) – adds money to the player’s treasury.
- norevolution – disables revolutions.
- nosecession – disables secessions.
- observe – toggles observe mode.
- own (province or state region tag) (country) – makes a province or state region owned by a specified country.
- popstat – shows total active population.
- portrait editor – enables the portrait editor.
- province borders (true or false) – enables or disables province borders.
- research (technology key) – grants specified technology to your country.
- screenshot – takes a screenshot.
- Settings – opens settings.
- set_devastation_level (state) (place amount here) – sets the devastation level of a specified state.
- set_pollution_level (state or region) (place amount here) – sets pollution level.
- skip_migration – toggles migration skipping.
- switchlanguage (language) – switches to the selected language.
- tag (country) – play as a specified country.
- test event (event’s name) (x) (y) (state) – spawns an entity at the specified coordinates.
- testobjective (subgoal key) – used to test objectives.
- treatyport (state) – gives treaty port to a specified state.
- Version – shows the game version.
- wagerate (building) (rate) – changes a building’s wage to a new specified rate.
- yesmen – makes AI agree to all proposals and offers.
That’s all the debug console commands for all possible types of cheats, aids, and hidden switches in Victoria 3. Use them wisely and have fun!
For more strategy game guides, check out Plague Inc Parasite Strategy Guide: How to Beat Parasite, All New Features in Triangle Strategy New Game Plus, and Civ 6 Tier List: Best Civilizations in Civilization 6.