Overwatch 2 has officially debuted its limited-time Battle for Olympus mode, which sees you and six other players duke it out as various mythological creatures, vying for the most kills by the end of the round. Each creature is a variant of an existing character and gets a modified ability as a result. What each ability does can be a little confusing though. Here are all hero abilities in the Battle for Olympus mode in Overwatch 2.
What Each Character Does in Overwatch 2 Battle for Olympus
In total, seven characters are featured in Battle for Olympus. These are Junker Queen, Roadhog, Reinhardt, Ramattra, Pharah, Widowmaker, and Lucio. Each changed ability affects the character’s ultimate ability exclusively. Here they all are:
- Junker Queen
- Divine Rampage: Same as her normal ultimate, though her primary fire gives a chance to apply additional lightning damage to her abilities. Lasts 20 seconds.
- Minotaur Reinhardt
- Divine Earthshatter: Shatter remains the same, though Charge’s cooldown is reduced, can pin up to three targets at once, and will heal Reinhardt when the target slams against the wall. Wall slams are lethal, extend the ultimate, and set the next Charge’s cooldown to 0.5 seconds. The ultimate lasts 20 seconds.
- Cyclops Roadhog
- Divine Whole Hog: Increases Roadhog’s health by 600, causes Whole Hog to shoot large rocks instead of shotgun pellets, and causes melee to deal 5x damage along with dealing knockback. Lasts 15 seconds.
- Hades Pharah
- Divine Rocket Barrage: Allows Pharah to move during her ultimate, reduces Jump Jet fuel consumption, and makes rockets three-headed. Kills during the ultimate extend its duration and heal Pharah.
- Medusa Widowmaker
- Divine Infra-Sight: Enemies who look at Widow while she’s scoped in during Infra-Sight will be temporarily turned to stone.
- Poseidon Ramattra
- Divine Annihilation: Changes his Vortex to pull characters in and launch them upwards. Makes Pummel send out water shockwaves that go further and deal more damage.
- Hermes Lucio
- Divine Sound Barrier: Gives an extra jump after jumping off a wall, Boop stuns enemies who hit a wall, gives infinite ammo, and heavily increases attack and move speed. Lasts 20 seconds.
Related: All Earnable Cosmetics in Overwatch 2 Battle for Olympus Event
While these abilities sound overpowered in nature, when everyone’s overpowered, no one is. Battle for Olympus will go on from now until January 19, 2023.