Like the rest of Remnant 2, The Awakened King DLC has some ending choices that can affect the outcome and your reward. Here are all the endings and rewards in Remnant 2: The Awakened King.
Every Ending and Their Rewards in Remnant 2: The Awakened King
You can get a handful of possible endings in Remnant 2: The Awakened King, including one that can only appear under specific conditions. Those endings are as follows:
Kill the One True King
The main option for the One True King is to fight him off the bat. This fight will result in the One True King finally dying and the goddess Nimue being able to restore the lands to peace. Killing the One True King will provide one of two materials depending on whether you destroyed his hammer during the fight:
- Agony Spike (standard reward for killing the One True King)
- Can be turned into Ava McCabe at Ward 13 to create the Monarch Long Gun. This weapon can fire a Harpoon that will cause your shots to be homing, along with giving a buff that increases your Damage and gives infinite ammo reserves.
- Tormented Pommel (awarded by destroying the One True King’s hammer before killing him)
- Can be turned into Ava McCabe at Ward 13 to create the Wrathbringer Melee Weapon. This melee weapon makes incoming damage increase Melee Damage for a short time, and can be stacked.
- Jewel of the Beholden Ring (rewarded when speaking to Nimue after killing the One True King)
- Increases Mod Damage by 15% for 10 seconds after using your Relic.
If you choose to do the One True King’s bidding, you must head to Nimue in her tower and execute her. She will go down without a fight (not that she has much of a choice), before you can return to the King himself. He will thank you for killing the goddess but decide you need to die anyway, seeing as you could do the same to him. The reward possibilities for killing him remain the same, though the Jewel of the Beholden is swapped out for the following item:
- Broken Heart Relic (rewarded upon killing Nimue)
- Double use speed compared to other relics. On use, sets your current health to 50% of your Max Health.
Putting a New King in Power (Secret Ending)
Technically, this ending is a continuation of the first ending. To get it, you must go through with killing the One True King, then reach the Gilded Chambers side location. If it didn’t spawn for you, then you’ll need to reroll The Awakened King in Adventure Mode. Once there, go through the alternate kill method for the Red Prince as normal. This involves getting three coins from three Royal Fae Guards before speaking to him. Once you complete this, head back to the throne room of the One True King to find the “Red King” alongside Leywise. Speaking to the Red King provides you with the Crimson Shroud armor set. This set provides the following Armor and Weight Values:
- Crimson Guard Shroud – 15.6 Armor, 6.7 Weight
- Crimson Guard Plate – 60.8 Armor, 26.8 Weight
- Crimson Guard Sabatons – 30.4 Armor, 13.4 Weight
- Crimson Guard Gauntlets – 15.2 Armor, 6.7 Weight
Wearing the full set will provide you with 122 Armor and 53.6 Weight, landing it in the Heavy Weight category. This gives a 50% Stamina Cost penalty and makes you much slower.
If you’re looking to get the other armor set in the DLC, check out our guide on how to get the Zealot armor set in Remnant 2: The Awakened King.