If you’ve been waiting for your favorite Exotic to get a little love, the Season 23 leaks might make your dreams come true. And, even better, it isn’t even speculation. Bungie has confirmed these accidental leaks on their official Reddit account. So, let’s dive straight in. Here are all the Destiny 2 Season 23 leaked and confirmed changes in Destiny 2.
All Destiny 2 Season 23 Leaked and Confirmed Changes
A big patch for the Festival of the Lost came out on October 17. And on that same day, eagle-eyed guardians noticed that some changes in Exotic item descriptions had changed. These changes quickly made their way to social media forums like Reddit and Twitter.
And on October 18, 2023, Destiny 2’s official Reddit account acknowledged that the accidental leaks are true but won’t come into effect until Season 23. The changes found on these updated item descriptions are only a small part of larger tweaks. That means we still don’t have a full idea of how each of these updated armor pieces will work. But at least we get a little preview.
Here are the six Exotic Armor Pieces included in the early reveal. The bolded sections are the part of the descriptions which have been updated.
- Celestial Nighthawk — Precision final blows reduce the cooldown of your Super. Modifies Golden Gun to fire a single, high damage shot. Targets eliminated by the shot give you Super energy and explode.
- Karnstein Armlets — Melee and finisher final blows instantly grant cure and provide restoration for a short duration.
- Mechaneer’s Tricksleeves: Increases Sidearm airborne effectiveness, ready speed, and reload speed. While you’re critically wounded, swapping to a Sidearm reloads it and increases its damage. While this effect is active, Sidearm final blows reload the weapon and extend the effect’s duration.
- Shards of Galanor — Throwing Knife final blows decrease the cooldown of your Super. Hits and final blows with Blade Barrage will return Super energy after the Super ends.
- ST0MP-EE5 — Increases sprint speed and slide distance, and improves High Jump, Strafe Jump, and Triple Jump. Take less damage from combatants when airborne.
- Synthoceps — When you’re surrounded, gain increased melee and Super damage, as well as improved weapon handling and reload speed.