Paradox Interactive continues to share more and more about their highly anticipated sequel to Vampire: Masquerade – Bloodlines and the latest feature is all about the hedonistic Toreador. From their abilities, to how they fit into the overall structure of the game’s society, the latest video dives deep into yet another clan seen in Bloodlines 2.
According to Paradox, “One of the largest Clans in Seattle, the Toreador’s history in the emerald city runs deep. Beauty-obsessed artists and architects, poets and songwriters, these Kindred have had their hands in shaping Seattle since its pioneer days. As the historic music venues and eccentric mid-century homes make way for expensive high-rise apartment buildings, some wonder if the Clan of the Rose is fading in Seattle. Still, members of the Toreador Clan can be found perusing an art gallery downtown or revelling in a Pioneer Square nightclub, and more likely than not, hanging on the arm of someone with social, political, or cultural power.”
Using Presence, the Toreador can command a room at a drop of a hat. This makes them incredibly powerful, and dangerous as an enemy. They can turn the tide of any situation into their favor, making them a faction that deserves respect and healthy wariness.
For more on their abilities:
- Awe: Strike a pose that freezes all before you in adoring wonder. For a short time after, new admirers are oblivious to anything other than what they’ve just witnessed.
- Entrance: Form a group of admirers around the vampire, following along and distracting nearby enemies.
- Public use of Presence abilities does not constitute a Masquerade violation.
- Unseen Storm – Dash in any direction with such speed that you momentarily disappear from view, allowing you to land attacks, dodge around enemies, or get away before the dust has settled. Upgrades further enhance the effects of Unseen Storm.
- Accelerate – Move so fast that everything else in the world appears to slow down to a standstill. Assailants seem frozen in their attacks, cars crawl forward, bullets zip by lazily, and the vampire can perform stunts that, with an 80’s synth track in the background, would make for an awesome movie scene. Upgrades further enhance the effects of Accelerate.
- Use of Celerity before mortals is a Masquerade violation.
Unfortunately, we don’t have a release date at this time but the team will have more to reveal in the coming months, beginning with E3!