RedLynx is patching Trials Evolution tomorrow at 2:00 AM PST.
The studio will wipe the online leaderboards once the patch has gone live in order to keep online records “fair and valid”.
"We apologize for the multiplayer leaderboard reset," RedLynx said on their official forum. "However, this step was deemed necessary to ensure the best multiplayer experience for all players.
"Because this multiplayer leaderboard reset will take place after the Title Update, we advise you not to play multiplayer matches for at least four to six hours after you receive the update, in order to avoid having your data purged by the reset or accidentally matching up with a non-updated player."
The top replays die often tend to be made up of glitch exploits, so while the reset seems a little harsh, if the fixes RedLynx implement manage to put this kind of behavior to bed the leaderboards will be a little more fair.
Single-player and custom-made track leaderboards will be left alone.
The update fixes the following issues:
- Multiplayer Leaderboard writing issues - addressed a number of situations where proper scores were not being recorded to MP Leaderboards or rank was being reset
- Multiplayer Stability issues - addressed a number of issues, including viewing Gamer Cards, Party play functionality, response time of multiplayer matchmaking, and situations where the game would occasionally lock or hang during multiplayer
- General Stability - we have addressed some issues affecting general stability and random lockups. If you find new issues related to this, please report them to this thread
- Editor issues - a number of issues in the editor were addressed, including enforcing a 22 checkpoint limit and some issues around the event trigger system
- Scoring issues - a rare issue where track times were calculated incorrectly at the finish line has been addressed
- Track Central - a number of issues were addressed, including track sorting issues, lockups when viewing Player-Created Track Leaderboards, and searching tracks by the "Ninja" difficulty tag
- Skill Games - adjustments have been made to Icarus Factor, Exploding Man, Out of Gas, and Balls of Steel skill games to eliminate scoring loopholes