UPDATE (06/25/18): A hotfix has been applied to Realm Royale that reinstates Legendary Weapon crafting in the Forge. Click here to read about the hotfix and how to fix the “version mismatch” error.
Today, Hi-Rez Studio released the latest patch notes for the Early Access 3 Weapons and Forge update for Realm Royale on Steam. This update focuses primarily on weapon changes and forge-related issues, which are first tested on the Public Test Server before being pushed to the live game. Realm Royale is still in alpha testing, which means that there is still plenty of potential for broad gameplay changes.
Most of the highlights of this patch involve weapon adjustments, most notably to Legendary weapons. According to Hi-Rez, “Crafting Legendary weapons, often the first time you visit a forge, allowed players to increase their lethality at a rate that outpaced the armor collection.” To balance out the time-to-kill in Realm Royale, the developers have made it so that Legendary weapons can no longer be crafted at the Forge. Instead, Legendary weapons can be found randomly in chests throughout the map.
Additionally, all class-specific Legendary weapons are now elemental weapons, which means they come with a special frost, fire, or lightning (formerly spirit) effect. Class-specific elemental weapons can now be found in chests throughout the map as well.
Along with the major Forge changes and Legendary weapon adjustments, today’s patch update came with a number of bug fixes, gameplay improvements, and minor tweaks. Below you’ll find the full list of patch notes for Realm Royale’s Early Access 3 Weapons and Forge Test update. Players are encouraged to leave their thoughts and feedback on the Steam Feedback Discussions page for Realm Royale.
To participate in the Realm Royale Public Test, players can download the test server by clicking on the link provided on the Realm Royale game description on Steam.
Early Access 3 Weapons and Forge Test Update Patch Notes
- “We have made several loot changes to the weapons that come out of chests strewn across the map and what can be crafted in the forge. Crafting Legendary weapons, often the first time you visit a forge, allowed players to increase their lethality at a rate that outpaced the armor collection. This resulted in a shorter time-to-kill in the mid game. Dropping Legendary loot in the world we hope makes it more exciting to hunt for loot and will smooth out the overall experience.”
- Legendary weapons can no longer be crafted at the Forge.
- Turret damage is based on rarity.
- Fire Bomb no longer inflicts self damage.
- Wall bug fixed to be available at all rarities.
- Stone Spear damage reduced.
- Fireball cooldown increased and projectile size reduced (previous hotfix).
- Ice Block Duration reduced.
- Sniper Rifle projectile speed improved.
- Longbow projectile speed and size improved.
- All class legendary weapons are elemental.
- Projectile weapons no longer have bloom.
- Spirit weapons have been renamed to Lightning and received projectile updates.
- Legendary weapons may now drop from chests and weapon chests.
- Elemental class specific weapons may now drop from chests, weapon chests, and zeppelin chests.
- New Weapon! Auto Rifle
- Added to the game.
- Automatic rifle with a slow rate of fire.
- Projectile speed and size improved.
- Reduced refire rate.
- Accuracy increased.
- Reworked damage falloff and damage per pellet.
- Venom Pistol
- Renamed from Poison Pistol to Venom Pistol.
- Changed to hitscan.
- Damage and rate of fire increased and accuracy reduced.
- No longer drops at Epic or Legendary rarity.
- Projectile speed and size improved.
- Slug Rifle
- Projectile size improved.
- The home lobby has a sneak preview of some upcoming content.
- Updated minimap.
- Updated visual effects for projectiles.
- North American West servers have been added.
- The initial safe zone is now typically more centralized to the overall island.
- Fixed an issue where the camera could quickly pop between two extreme positions when colliding with the world. Now the camera smoothly recovers if it collides with the world.
- Reworked the legendary drop logic so that they cluster less.
- Improved crouching hitbox for better hit detection.
- Improved hitbox for players that are mounted for better hit detection.
- Reduced weapon bloom when jumping.
- Changed kill count system to give team based credit, instead of just last hit on chicken.
- Ranking is now done per match type (solo, duo, squad).
- Players can now swap weapons while mounted.
- Updated armory presentation.
- Updated store redeem code presentation.
- Ruins Manor area has been added in Northport/ North Ice Haven area.
- Made various improvements to the terrain, especially around cliff areas.
- Moved the Autumn Fields forge to a new location and replaced it with a new building.
- Fixed a number of misplaced chests.
- Added more chests to buildings that were previously empty.
- Improved the lighting in the Forbidden Swamp.
- Addressed a number of collision issues in various buildings.
- Fixed some glitches where parts of the environment appeared to float.
- Improved the visual quality of some buildings.
- Added wind to trees.
- Improved the town entrance gates.
- Improved the visual quality of the sky.
- Added new forging sounds to help players know that a forge is active.
- Updated footstep audio to vary between surface materials.
- Improved forge and skydive audio.
- Improved audio cues for hitmarkers and damage alerts.
- Added sound effects for using health and armor potions.
- Added different sound effects for when you deal headshot damage, armor damage, and regular damage.
- Added new sound effects for taking damage from Sniper Rifle.
- Fixed an issue where elemental icons for legendary weapons were showing up in the inventory but not in the bottom right HUD.
- Fixed a bug where firing weapons while swapping did not damage the target.
- Fixed a bug where zoom toggle was not working.
- Fixed a bug where players could drop potions infinitely while consuming them.
- Fixed a bug where players could float forever in skydive when pressing S.
- Fixed a bug where players could get stuck in mount pose.
- Fixed a bug where players could drop a potion while consuming it, causing it to duplicate.
- Fixed an issue where two items of different rarities could be equipped.
- Fixed an issue where players could become permanently stealthed.
- Fixed bug with inventory keybind not saving.
- Fixed bug with player carrying duplicate weapons.
- Fixed bug where items on top of one another occluded pickup.
- Fixed bug where shard count was displaying incorrect amount of shards.
- Fixed various environment collision bugs.
- Fixed bug where players could not see cooldowns replicated in spectator.
- Fixed some animation glitches.
- Fixed bug where Longbow reticle would not go away when mounted.
- Fixed bug where players could sometimes get stuck in the aiming state.
- Fixed bug where players could sometimes not hear weapon audio at far distances.
- Fixed an issue where players could drop multiple Shield Potions.
- Fixed an issue where killing players would sometimes drop their daggers as weapons.
- Fixed an issue where during spectate, if player had a dagger, its icon would show as a sword.
- Fixed an issue where the Revolver headshot sound would play twice.
- Fixed an issue with items being stuck in consumable chests.
- Fixed a bug where the mount could jitter as players moved.
- Fixed a bug where the armor health bar was shorter than the health bar.
Be sure to check out our Realm Royale tips and tricks guide to improve your chances for survival and eventually achieve victory.