Pokemon Sword and Shield first debuted back in February earlier this year to show off the adorable new starters that the new game will have to offer hopeful trainers. The reveal was stunning and had Nintendo fans hyped, but up until now we haven't had a release date for when we could actually get our hands on the latest adventure.
During the latest Pokemon Direct ahead of this year's E3, Nintendo showed off more footage for players to enjoy alongside the set-in-stone November 15th release date. The date shouldn't be too much of a shocker for Pokemon fans. Several leaks earlier this year all pointed to the same launch and it is timed perfectly as a holiday release.
For more about the game ahead of its launch:
'Begin your adventure by choosing one of three new partner Pokémon: Grookey, Scorbunny, or Sobble and encounter new and familiar Pokémon as you catch, battle, and trade. Players can control the camera and explore the vast areas around them in the Wild Area. Team up with other players locally or online in the new multiplayer co-op Max Raid Battles. Trainers who possess the special item Dynamax Band can Dynamax their own Pokémon. Get ready for the next Pokémon adventure in the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games."
- Catch, battle, and trade Pokémon on an all-new adventure in the Galar region
- Choose from three new partner Pokémon and encounter never-before-seen Pokémon
- Unravel the mystery behind the Legendary Pokémon Zacian and Zamazenta!
- Players can control the camera in the vast Wild Area
- Team up with other Trainers to participate in Max Raid Battle!
- Battle wild Dynamax Pokémon in Max Raid Battles and try catching them
Ready to catch 'em all?