It’s been three years since Blizzard first debuted their hit FPS Overwatch, and the game continues to be a huge success with events, comics, animated shorts, new content, and so much more. With the third annual Overwatch Event going live starting tomorrow, the team wanted to share a bit about what fans can expect from the upcoming new content.
From new experiences to returning favorites, here’s what Overwatch players can expect when the event starts on May 21st:
Time to raise my GPA.
Hit the books as Academy D․Va!
Overwatch Anniversary begins on May 21! pic.twitter.com/yLoZdchlE4
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) May 19, 2019
- The Anniversary event will include 6 new Legendary skins and 3 epic skins
- New dance emotes have been added for Baptiste, Ashe and Wrecking Ball
YOUR FAVORITES ARE BACK
- The Anniversary event will bring back previous seasonal cosmetic items including your favorite dance emotes from all previous years
- Past seasonal brawls are returning to the Arcade and will be rotated daily, including those found in Overwatch Archives — Storm Rising
- Players who login for the Anniversary event will receive one bonus Legendary Anniversary Loot Box, which will guarantee one Legendary item
- Players who purchase the 50 Loot Box Bundle will receive one bonus Legendary Anniversary Loot Box
- All previous Seasonal Event loot will be included in loot boxes during the duration of the event
The Overwatch anniversary event kicks off on May 21st and will run until June 10th for all platforms. For those that don’t have the game or for players wanting to recruit their friends, a free trial for the FPS is also going live tomorrow and will be available until May 28th.