A new update has arrived for the PlayStation 4 exclusive Days Gone and with it comes numerous mission fixes and much needed audio balancing. Though the game overall works rather well, there are still bugs that some players are running into which halt story progression altogether. That and the audio issues that plagued launch are back in full force. Or at least they were before this patch.
In addition to the audio and questline fixes, there were also “various bugs and miscellaneous crashes” that were addressed. That, and the saving issues that have been reported should be clarified now as well.
As for what the patch focuses on:
- Fixed an issue where players wouldn’t be able to save, fast travel, or pause after triggering the cinematic to “I’ve Had Better Days”
- Fixed the issue that prevented players from completing “Afraid of a Little Competition?”. Players may need to move as far back to where the Bounty Collector Merchant resides and return to the mission objective to trigger the cinematic
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to complete “Searching For Lisa”. Players that were impacted will now see the Mission Complete screen
- Overall improvements have been made to streaming and performance
- Audio desync issue during cinematics have been resolved
- Auto-save function will now save the correct number of saves to your save cloud account
- With this update, we did not delete any of your current auto-saves. You can go into (Settings) > [Application Saved Data Management] > [Auto-Upload] to manage your auto-saves for Days Gone
- The game should no longer crash when attempting to overwrite the oldest auto-save
- Patch updates now retain your Difficulty settings
- Fixed various bugs and miscellaneous crashes
Days Gone is available now exclusively on PlayStation 4. You can learn more about the open-world title with our full review right here.