It was inevitable. With all the years dominating the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita with its baseball action, Sony’s baseball franchise will finally hit the field for next-gen in March 2014.
MLB 14: The Show will make its debut on Sony’s next-gen console, while also releasing for PS3 and PS Vita, within a few months’ time. Though Sony hasn’t spilled all the beans about the game’s features yet, here’s what we do know.
– Game saves will now be carried over to newer versions of the game, so players won’t have to start fresh with Franchise or Road To the Show modes.
– The PS4 version, as you might expect, will feature enhanced visuals, bringing the sport to life like never before.
– An all-new Quick Counts mode will allow you to play through full games faster than ever before, while realistic statistics still remain tracked throughout.
– Road To the Show will see some form of single-player expansion, with the help of a new advancement system.
– Players will be able to share “big moments” with friends and others using a simple press of the “share” button.
Look for more information, and strategic tips, in the months ahead, leading to the game’s March 2014 release.