After its meteoric rise from a tiny demo on Itch.io to the best three bucks a gamer could ever spend, Vampire Survivors is aiming for the next step. After creeping its way out of Early Access and onto consoles just recently, a DLC expansion has been announced. Legacy of the Moonspell is a whole suite of new content, built around a theme distinct from the base game. The DLC includes new characters, weapons, music and a new stage. Here’s everything being added to Vampire Survivors in Legacy of the Moonspell.
Related: Vampire Survivors: All Secret Characters Listed (December 2022)
Vampire Survivors creator poncle has confirmed eight new characters will be part of Legacy of the Moonspell. Four of those characters have been introduced so far:
- Miang Moonspell – “Self-consciously a Shounen protagonist”
- Menya Moonspell – An elder of the barely surviving Moonspell clan
- Syuuto Moonspell – Banished for using forbidden magic; poor hygeine
- Babi-Onna – An… undead geisha?
A whopping 13 new weapons are coming to Vampire Survivors with this DLC, and four of them have been detailed at this time:
- Silver Wind – a staff that uses “ancestral force”
- Four Seasons – Orbs with the “powers of the changing seasons”
- Summon Knight – A sword that seems to have evil or dark properties?
- Mirage Robe – A kimono enchanted by a magic spider and a piece of Babi-Onna’s soul
Only one stage is part of Legacy of the Moonspell, but it’s a hell of a stage. Mt. Moonspell is the “biggest stage yet,” containing multiple distinct locations within itself. Each environment contains bespoke enemies and challenges of some kind.
Six new tracks are included, and here are the titles:
- Legacy of the Moonspell
- Festive Breeze
- Rumble Kachara
- Haze of Night
- Hell Night
- Crystal Allure
Legacy of the Moonspell is set to arrive soon, on December 15, 2022. As of this writing there is no word of a price point. But if you check out the Steam page you can add it to your wishlist and check out a few screenshots alongside a very brief teaser trailer.