Now that we've finally gotten a new trailer for Final Fantasy VII's remake, fans of the original are excited to get their hands on it for themselves to see how many differences they can spot. The good news for those attending E3 is that there will reportedly be a playable demo - the bad news? It will allegedly only be for PlayStation Plus subscribers.
The demo will reportedly go live when the latest trailer does during the showcase, and will be available for those fans at home. Unfortunately, according to the recent leak, the demo will only be available for those that have PlayStation's online membership service: PlayStation Plus.
Unfortunately, we don't know exactly what this demo will have to offer fans other than it's likely to be exactly the same as the demo on the floor. Most likely it will be the beginning sequence of the game, though probably any super spoiler-filled cutscenes could be cut out.
Other aspects of the leak include:
- Sephiroth is very limited in what is shown of him until the Kalm flashback. Before this you only hear his voice or see glimpses of him during Clouds breakdowns.
- Monster redesigns for a lot of the enemies but most will remain recognizable. Some do not make an appearance. For example, there were no ghost enemies in the train yard.
- The design for Tifa is also true to the original outfit, her face appears to be mostly similar to her Advent Children design but slightly more western. Materia also shows up on her gloves.
- Cait Sith seems to be pronounced "Ket" Sith but has undergone no major design overhaul. His fighting style is more close up, and does have his BARS for a LIMIT BREAK.
- Cid does not appear to be smoking but you see evidence that he does. He is clearly upset with Shera but toned down the aggressiveness as they felt it was unnecessary.
- Yuffie and Vincent are no longer optional. You can miss them up until a certain point where they then become mandatory to get. You automatically get Yuffie if you have not gotten her before Rocket Town for example.
- Cloud will have a dress and wig in one particular scene. But its fade to black getting in/out of it.
E3 is just around the corner! We'll be learning more soon enough, hopefully including a release date!