That’s right! World Cup fever is almost at boiling point, and the first kickoff is just around the corner. Before the FIFA and EA breakup and during the final chapter of their relationship, they have blessed us with their final party trick. Ironically, where the journey ends is where it all began for the pair: on the international stage.
On November 20, 11 days from now, Qatar will host the first-ever football World Cup on Middle East soil. To get football fans excited and in on the action, EA Sports have announced the release of the World Cup 2022 update for FIFA 23.
Covered in this post:
- When will EA be releasing the World Cup update?
- What will be included in the update?
- Will the update be available across all platforms?
What Date Will the FIFA 23 Update Be Released?
As of Tuesday, November 8, EA started with the rollout of the update on EA SPORTS FIFA Mobile. Thereafter, November 9, all other major platforms will receive the new feature. The update will allow players to play with any of the 32 qualifying countries in this game mode.
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Today, Electronic Arts, Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) unveiled all-new updates and additions toEA SPORTS™ FIFA 23 ahead of the FIFA World Cup 2022™, celebrating the world’s game. Fans will be able to download the free* World Cup update beginning November 9th, 2022 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Players will also be able to experience the pinnacle of international football on EA SPORTS FIFA Mobile**beginning on November 8th, 2022.Via: news.ea.com
Related: How to Power Shot in FIFA 23
What Will Be Included with the FIFA 23 Update?
In the big announcement by Electronic Arts, they have assured us there will be some cool new and exciting features coming our way:
- The update will be an authentic recreation of the world tournament, giving gamers a new experience they will never forget;
- All players will be able to create their own World Cup journey, as they will be allowed to customize groups and change team rosters to their liking, being able to add players who were unfortunate not to make the cut;
- There will also be an Online Tournament Mode running through the knockout phase, as you play as one of the qualifying countries – fans from around the world will be playing each for ultimate glory;
- Giving the fans the power of change in the outcome of games, a new FIFA World Cup™: Live running across the dates from November 21 to December 18 – said to be a new live experience, which has never been seen before;
- EA Sports will also be including some nostalgia in the update, they will be including 40 World Cup tracks from previous tournaments, basically reinstating some of the classics we grow up with, fell in love with, and still bang from time to time; and
- There will also be new FUT campaigns released between the 11th and 23rd – further enhancing the FIFA Ultimate Team experience.
Fun Fact: EA ran their usual simulation of the World Cup tournament and predicted that Argentina will win the prestigious trophy. They barely ever get their predictions wrong.
Will the FIFA 23 Update Be Available Across All Platforms?
Unfortunately, all but one platform will be eligible for the update. Every FIFA junky with a PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, PC, and Xbox One will enjoy the free addition. Those with a Nintendo Switch will sadly be left out (what did Nintendo ever do to EA to deserve such treatment?).
For more FIFA 23 content on Prima Games, take a look at Is FIFA 23 on Xbox Game Pass?, EA Sports FC Is the New Future Post FIFA & EA Ending Contract, and Is FIFA 23 Cross-Platform?