The original Dying Light has received a next-gen patch on PlayStation 5 today. The next-gen updates are also scheduled for Xbox Series X|S but will be available in a few days.
Dying Light Receives Next-Gen Patch on PlayStation, Xbox Coming Soon
Starting today on PlayStation 5 players will have access to three different gameplay modes
- Performance mode: 60 FPS in Full HD Resolution
- Balanced Mode: 60 FPS in QHD resolution
- HIgh-Resolution mode: 30 FPS in 4k
The PlayStation4 Pro will now have an improved 30 FPS cap allowing it to play more smoothly.
While the Xbox family of consoles do not have the patch as of today, March 8, 2022, they are scheduled to have it in the next few days.
The Xbox Series X modes are as follows.
- Performance mode now gets you 60 FPS in Full HD resolution
- Balanced mode targets 60 FPS in QHD resolution
- High-Resolution mode offers 30 FPS in 4K
The Xbox Series S and Xbox One Modes will give players two different options for gameplay preference.
- Performance mode: 300 FPS in full HD resolution
- High-resolution mode: 30 FPS in QHD resolution
Hopefully, the Xbox versions will be available sooner rather than later. This upgrade comes free to everyone who owns the original Dying Light and anyone who purchases it down the line.