Just because a game isn’t officially out doesn’t mean that updates won’t happen during its pre-release period. Diablo IV will have its second Beta testing period during the following weekend, this time open for all players to enjoy. And in order to prepare for a huge influx of players giving their first steps into this god-forsaken world, they have brought a few extra fixes, including a small change to its World Bosses (or Boss, in this case).
Diablo 4 Patch Notes Informs the New World Boss Schedule
A small update is being pushed for the game’s Beta, as informed through Wowhead’s official forums. No new content is being introduced (aside from Necromancer and Druid being now playable), but we can see lots of welcoming QoL changes and fixes to avoid the same problems players faced during the Closed Beta period.
See the full notes below:
First, we want to thank the wonderful community for jumping into our Early Access Beta this past weekend. We have been combing through all the feedback and will continue to do so through the Open Beta to capture and address notes from players before launch.
We do want to remind players that this is a beta and with that we are testing numerous things from our server load to the gameplay through Act I. This test and your feedback will help us as we head into launch for Diablo IV in June. We greatly appreciate your patience and help to make the best possible experience for all players at launch.
The Diablo IV Open Beta begins March 24th at 9am PDT and will conclude on March 27th at 12pm PDT.
There will be a small client patch prior to Open Beta to address some bugs and issues that players may have experienced last weekend. You can read more about the items below.
All Platform Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue with Ashava’s spawn timer. She will now spawn on Saturday March 25th at 10:00am / 12:00pm / 10:00pm PDT and Sunday March 26th at 12:00am PDT.
- Fixed an issue where the queue timer would not display a time despite the player still being in queue.
- Addressed issues that should result in improved queue times.
- Fixed an issue where players would sometimes become blocked during the “In Her Wake” quest.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to select High Texture Settings with 16GB of RAM.
- Fixed an issue where the UI would incorrectly show completed challenges as “Not Started”.
- Fixed multiple miscellaneous crash related issues.
Console Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the second player in couch co-op could not drop in during the game prologue.
Related: How to Level Up Quickly in Diablo 4
Notably, the World Boss Ashava had its spawn timer changed. This is probably due to the confusion generated last weekend when its spawn was mistakenly announced ahead of its time in the Diablo IV official Discord Server. People soon figured out they probably forgot to account for Daylight Saving Time, and were understandably pissed off after they realized they’d been camping in the Boss’ lair for a whole extra hour for nothing.
Other changes are mostly some fixes to the queue timer and bugs found during the first testing days. With probably an even bigger number of players storming through the servers this weekend, they’ll need a lot more of those.