Considering Bungie’s plan to give Destiny a 10-year lifespan, player feedback is essential. That said, update 1.0.2 just went live, and gamers with Purple engrams can finally breathe easy.
With this change, the Cryptarch now recognizes all Legendary (purple) engrams as equal or greater items. In addition, Rare blue engrams will always yield the equivalent or higher item; on a side note, Bungie increased the chance of obtaining Legendary gear. In addition, Ascendant Shards and Ascendant Energy were promoted to Legendary from Rare.
Other tweaks include the following:
- Rare (Blue) and Legendary (Purple) Engram drops added to the potential rewards for:
- Vanguard: Tiger Strike Playlist
- Daily Heroic Missions (first time per day)
- Weekly Heroic Missions (first time per week)
- Known issues
- When selecting a higher difficulty for daily missions, XP Bonus not show in the reward display
- You will still get the XP bonus, you just won’t see it in the UI.
- Reduced time limit on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash from 15 to 12 minutes, bringing them in line with non-vehicle maps in those playlists
- Lowered weighting on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash so they appear less often in those playlists
For complete Destiny strategies, walkthroughs, and multiplayer maps, get the Destiny Limited Edition Strategy Guide. You’ll get a complete, official guide with campaign walkthroughs and strategies for every strike, plus full multiplayer coverage, exclusive illustrated maps available only in the official guide, and weapon and enemy data. It’s 400 pages packed with everything you need and want in a Destiny guide.