Call of Duty: Warzone has taken the battle royale world by storm as the latest free to play BR experience to hit the market. While the new battle royale take has been met with tons of praise from players, one common complaint is the same on that Apex Legends devs hear: different modes. For those looking to break away from the 3-player system, there’s good news! Call of Duty: Warzone solo mode is now available to enjoy!
For the most part, the game will remain exactly the same with this inclusion with the only exception being that now players can take the “every man for himself” approach when looking for that number one spot. Previously, players were locked into a 3-player team, regardless of the strategy used in-game. Now players can enjoy a little more independence, though hopefully a duos mode will be considered for future updates.
But just because the game’s mechanics are the same, including the Gulag, doesn’t mean that the solo mode has zero impact. Luckily for us, the team over at Activision shared a few handy tips on how to re-strategize the battlefield when going lone wolf:
5. Going Solo? Intel is Your Best Teammate. Along with paying attention to the Tac Map and Compass, be especially thorough about finding, and equipping, reconnaissance tools such as the Recon Drone, Heartbeat Monitor, and UAV.
4. Same Gulag. Same Player Count. No Buybacks. You only have one life to live in Solos. Make it count, both in the Gulag and out in Verdansk.
3. Consider Picking Up Contracts. This especially goes for Recon Contracts, as in Solos, the station capture time is halved compared to other modes. Complete Contracts and get Cash to further build up your loadout at Buy Stations.
2. … and Stay Down. Self-Revive Kits are in Solos. If it’s getting late into a game and you’re wary of an enemy after knocking them to zero health, double check that they are out for good before moving on.
1. Learn from Your Solos. While you may have less of a chance at winning Solos, take the lessons you learn into your next game with the squad. Who knows? A few Solos matches could be the difference between losing your next Battle Royale trios game and a hard-fought victory.
You can learn even more about the latest changes to Call of Duty: Warzone, and its solo mode, right here through the game’s official blog. You can also check out our Game Hub for more tips, tricks, and news about the latest shooter to sweep us off our feet.