Now that we’ve got an official release date for Borderlands 3 and two trailers to chew on before the big gameplay reveal on May 1st, it’s time to start diving into what we’ve seen so far and get that hype train going! After years of rumors, teasers, and false leaks, the third installment in the main story is on the way and promises more action, returning favorites, and GUNS WITH LEGS.
From taking on the Calypso Twins in order to stop a full-on war with the bandits, to four new Vault Hunters to become acquainted with, the upcoming Borderlands game looks to bring the boom — and the Mayhem — in a big way. According to Gearbox, here’s a few of the key features that players can look forward to:
A MAYHEM-FUELED THRILL RIDE
- Stop the fanatical Calypso Twins from uniting the bandit clans and claiming the galaxy’s ultimate power. Only you, a thrill-seeking Vault Hunter, have the arsenal and allies to take them down.
YOUR VAULT HUNTER, YOUR PLAYSTYLE
- Become one of four extraordinary Vault Hunters, each with unique abilities, playstyles, deep skill trees, and tons of personalization options. All Vault Hunters are capable of awesome mayhem alone, but together they are unstoppable.
LOCK, LOAD, AND LOOT
- With bazillions of guns and gadgets, every fight is an opportunity to score new gear. Firearms with self-propelling bullet shields? Check. Rifles that spawn fire-spewing volcanoes? Obviously. Guns that grow legs and chase down enemies while hurling verbal insults? Yeah, got that too.
- Discover new worlds beyond Pandora, each featuring unique environments to explore and enemies to destroy. Tear through hostile deserts, battle your way across war-torn cityscapes, navigate deadly bayous, and more!
QUICK & SEAMLESS CO-OP ACTION
- Play with anyone at any time online or in split-screen co-op, regardless of your level or mission progress. Take down enemies and challenges as a team, but reap rewards that are yours alone — no one misses out on loot.
For fans of the TellTale Borderlands game, seeing the faces of characters like Rhys (that mustache, no boo!) was a real treat. It’s going to be exciting and we’ve got even more on the horizon before its full launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and the Epic Games Store on September 13th!
Missed out on the latest reveal? You can scope out our previous coverage here, as well as the latest video below: