One thing we can all agree on is that Battlefield 4 is a very complex game. That is to say, there’s a lot of things that could go wrong or benefit from some post launch tweaking. As is normally the case, the PC crowd is getting their game update first. Don’t worry, it’s not a conspiracy. Consoles just have to pass their game updates through various certification processes. You can be fairly certain that if a PC update rolls out, consoles aren’t far behind. With that in mind, here’s a look at some of the bug fixes and game tweaks that PC players can expect the next time they log on.
- Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes.
- Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
- Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
- Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes.
- Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters.
- Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission).
- Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike.
- Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly.
- Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files.
Shot behind cover when changing stance
Sometimes the character stance could get into a multiple frame desync, where you took damage even though your character was behind cover. This would mostly affect players transitioning into crouch and prone as well as moving when crouched. The impact was smaller in a standing stance. This bug fix eliminates this particular desync issue.
Be sure to stick with Prima Games for all your Battlefield 4 news and strategy.