Baldur’s Gate 3 has been in early access on PC since 2020 and is aiming for an August 31, 2023 release. During today’s PlayStation State of Play, we got another look at Baldur’s Gate 3, and this time, we learned that it will in fact, be coming to the PlayStation 5 on the same date.
Larian Studios Announce Baldur’s Gate 3 PlayStation 5 Version, Digital Deluxe Edition, Release Date, & More
In a blog post on the Baldur’s Gate 3 Steam page, the team talks about the trailer’s new features and explains that with the PlayStation 5 version, players will have access to cross-progression between versions.
“Baldur’s Gate 3 will also support cross-progression between PC, Mac, and PS5, allowing you to transfer your saves between platforms and continue your adventure wherever you purchase the game.”
We have also learned that the villain in the trailer, General Ketheric Thorm, is voiced by J.K Simmons. General Thorm is one of the three main antagonists you will face in the game.
Related: Baldur’s Gate 3 (Early Access) Review | Roll For Initiative
The blog post also details the new Digital Deluxe edition the team at Larian announced. Players can earn the following items when purchasing the new edition.
- Divinity Bard Song Pack – Astound audiences by performing this special set of new songs from the Divinity series
- Paintings from Rivellon – Discover a new collection of paintings across the Forgotten Realms
- Adventurer’s Pouch – Receive a collection of camp supplies and potions to help get your journey started
- Digital OST – Enjoy the music of Baldur’s Gate 3 from composer Borislav Slavov
- Digital Artbook – Explore the art and design of Baldur’s Gate 3 in this digital artbook, written by Larian
- Digital Character Sheets – Peruse a set of four-page D&D character sheets for each Baldur’s Gate 3 origin character
You will also get some Divinty-inspired artifacts you can equip.
- Mask of the Shapeshifter: Allows you to change race and appearance on the fly, inspired by Fane
- Cape of the Red Prince: Cloak inspired by the Red Prince
- Lute of the Merryweather Bard: Playable instrument inspired by Lohse
- Needle of the Outlaw Rogue: Dagger inspired by Sebille
- Bicorne of the Sea Beast: Headgear inspired by Beast
If you already own Baldur’s Gate 3 on PC, you will receive a free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe version when the game enters its official release on August 31, 2023.
One final note the team at Larian mentioned is that it will be raising the minimum requirements for PC players of Baldur’s Gate 3.