Nintendo revealed a new game called Bake ‘N Switch that’s coming in Summer of next year and honestly? If you’re a fan of either Super Smash Bros. or Overcooked, than this game is the game for you. It’s the perfect blend of the fighting game while also giving that competitive chef edge, and it looks really enjoyable – even for those that aren’t that good at cooking IRL (me).
Up to four players can enjoy the upcoming adventure that blends the two genres effortlessly. When revealing the new game, Nintendo mentioned the below highlights on their official website following the big reveal:
- Work as a Team in Local Co-Op Mode (up to 4 Players): To save their world, The Bakers must combine the doughs – the bigger the dough, the higher your score…..and bake heaving mounds of dough in the oven before time runs out!
- Appease Hangry Guardians: Journey through the levels to summon the Guardians, satiate their insufferable munchies and gain their aid to defeat The Scourge. Little did the Bakers know what the Guardians demanded in return.
- Fight The Scourge: Punch away yucky Spores and Stickies before innocent buns turn bad! If you’re lucky, collect power-ups to Freeze, Electrify, Magnet & Solar Palm your way to victory!
- Become Top Baker in PVP Mode: Test your friendships by sabotaging each other’s ovens to bake as many doughs to win gloating rights.
- Choose Your Baker!: Bakers hold the most prestigious yet perilous position amongst their kin. Only the swiftest and sharpest of the lot get called to enter the inner sanctum of The First Bakers.
Who doesn’t love a good couch co-op experience? While we don’t have an exact day yet, we do at least have our first look at what the cook-off game has to offer. Bake ‘n shake, Nintendo fans, because Bake ‘N Switch is coming out sometime Summer 2020.