In a recent update announcement, Among Us developer Innersloth announced a few additional pieces of content that’ll be added to the game in the future. Included in the planned content is a new map, an in-game accounts system, translations for more languages, and more.
Among Us is Getting an Accounts System and a New Henry Stickmin Themed Map
Among Us was updated today that fixes bugs and adds a few helpful new features to the game. Alongside the patch notes for today’s update, developer Innersloth noted plans to add even more content in the future.
“We have lots of things planned, but no real official roadmap. We play things pretty loose so we can tackle what we think the game needs most. We also don’t want to promise anything and then not provide it so it’s a scary thing to share,” the blog post reads.
After the disclaimer that there’s no official roadmap or exact timeframe in regards to when some of these things will be added, a list was provided that runs through what future content updates will (hopefully) include.
– Accounts. We’re hoping to get accounts into the game by December. This will allow players to report accounts that are toxic and/or hacking. They may be a bit barebones at first but things like friendslists will also come at a later date after launch.
– New Map. We’re hard at work on a new map (It’s Henry Stickmin themed!). This map is currently looking bigger than Polus! The map will contain plenty of new tasks and will be available for free to all players!
– Translations/Localization. The game is currently only translated into a few languages (and some of those translations are a bit rough). We’re planning on getting professional translations into multiple languages (More than we currently have, not ready to share quite which languages yet). To all the people offering to translate, thanks for reaching out, but we’ve got it under control!
– Colorblind support. This patch contains a first pass on colorblind support. We’ll continue monitoring it to see how it performs.”
The post goes on to mention that the above list isn’t the full extent of their update plans, and that there are other things in the works that they’re not ready to share at the moment.
While the above list are things coming in the future, the game got an update today with changes live in the game right now.
– Added Anonymous Voting option
All votes appear as grey
– Added Task Bar Modes
Always mode works like normal
Meeting mode only updates the bar during meetings
Invisible mode removes the task bar entirely
– MIRA: Comms sabotage clears the security logs
-Added symbols to fix wires task
-Added cosmetics to meeting screen
-Various bug fixes
It’s always exciting to see new updates for a game you love to play, like Among Us. The changes live in the game now are very much appreciated and we’re particularly fond of the anonymous voting option as it can add an extra layer of difficulty when you’re uncertain who is voting for who.
It also removes some of the guilt you may (or may not) feel when you’re voting for your friends, even if you think your friend is the imposter.
The symbols added to the wires task are part of the ongoing colorblind support for Among Us, with the symbols helping people who have a difficult time distinguising the different wire colors.
If you’ve been avoiding the wires task, it’s worth it to give it another try now that symbols have been added.
Stay tuned as we’ll update you as soon as some of the planned content for Among Us has been added to the game, like the new Henry Stickmin themed map and accounts system. Until then, what do you think of the update? Are you excited for anything that Innersloth is planning to add to the game?