It takes several minutes to begin using Kyle Crane’s parkour moves in Dying Light. Considering it’s too dangerous to remain on the ground for long, jumping to rooftops and climbing walls is the best and safest ways to get around. That is, of course, unless you have the grappling hook. This useful item helps Crane quickly ascend tall buildings without desperately searching for boards and window bars to grab onto. Considering certain zombie types can run, it’s a must for every player.
Similar to firearms, you won’t find the grappling hook lying around at the start of the game. You’ll have to earn it. To get the grappling hook in Dying Light, you must level up Kyle’s Survivor skill to Survival Level 12 (55,000 experience points). Once that happens, use the resulting skill points to unlock the ability to craft the Grappling Hook.
Keep in mind this item is non-usable during racing challenges and endgame cut scenes. Otherwise, feel free to fly as much as you’d like and give Kyle’s enemies the slip.
- A spoiler-free walkthrough of the entire main story, including myriad side quests
- Our exclusive maps from the game developers chart the locations for all 200 Collectible Items in Old Town and the Slums—Antennas, Zombie Statues, and more!
- A Skill-by-Skill Breakdown for Survivor, Agility, and Power abilities. Play to your strengths as a runner or a fighter.
- All Blueprints—explained Locations, Recipes, and Effects. Find out how to make anything in the game.
- Learn about the Infection and the monsters it has created. Master their weaknesses.
- How to scavenge during the day, and then take your life into your own hands and risk deadly Pursuits in the evening hours. Tips for survival under all conditions.
- Get every Achievement/Trophy.
- Free Mobile-Friendly eGuide. Unlock the enhanced eGuide for access to updated content, all optimized for a second-screen experience.