This decade has been stellar to gamers. There were some misses, sure, but there were a ton of wins all around. While we have our own decade picks on the way, here is a look at what Metacritic had to say about the highest-rated games over the last ten years.
Here Are the 10 Best Video Games of the Decade
According to Metacritic, here are the top ten games from the last 10 years:
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Score: 97
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Score: 97
- Red Dead Redemption 2 - Score: 97
- Grand Theft Auto V - Score: 97
- Super Mario Odyssey - Score: 97
- Mass Effect 2 - Score: 96
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Score: 96
- The Last of Us Remastered - Score: 95
- Red Dead Redemption - Score: 95
- Portal 2 - Score: 95
As a huge Mass Effect fangirl, I'm so thrilled to see Mass Effect 2 up there, though that's not a surprise. Shepard's fight against the Collectors during the Reaper war is one of the most talked-about gaming experiences from this decade. It was so expertly done, even though Mass Effect 3 broke our hearts (we miss you, Shepard!).
2020 is shaping up to be an exciting year as well. While we love reflecting back on the adventures we've conquered over the last to years, we're excited to see what the next decade of gaming has to offer!
What was your game pick of the decade? Sound off with your thoughts over on Twitter @PrimaGames!