Splatoon 2 has finally arrived, bringing the colorful world of the Inklings back to life on the Nintendo Switch. Players can enjoy the fun of Splatoon 2’s multiplayer and single player from the comfort of their TV, or using the Switch’s handheld system. The new game works very similar to the original when it comes to mechanics. If you’re new to the series, though, this Splatoon 2 guide will act as a hub for all of our game content, which will show you how to do everything you need to do in Splatoon 2.
Splatoon 2 Quick Tips
- You can hide from enemies by activating your squid mode while in your own color ink, allowing you to sneak up on others.
- The quickest way to get around the level is to paint a path using your ink and then use your squid mode to move through it.
- You can press B while in squid mode to jump and move more quickly up vertical inclines.
- You can change out your default look by checking the options.
- Be sure to visit the shop in-between matches to pick up new weapons and other gear.
- The single player campaign can be visited at any time, and you don’t actually have to complete it to play the game’s multiplayer aspects.
- You can play Splatoon 2 on the go, so long as you have an internet connection available.
Splatoon 2 Guides
Here you’ll find all of the current guides we have for Splatoon 2. We’ll be updating this section quite often, so be sure to check them out for any help you might need.
How to Start Single Player
Learn how to get Splatoon 2’s main campaign started.
All Amiibo Gear
Find out what every amiibo gives you in Splatoon 2.
How to Play
Learn the basics of Splatoon 2 with this helpful guide.
All Sardinium Locations
Learn the location of all these collectibles in Splatoon 2.
How to Upgrade Weapons
Find out how to upgrade weapons and make them more powerful in Splatoon 2.
How to Unlock Hero Weapons
Learn how to unlock the Hero Weapons you use in Splatoon 2’s singleplayer and use them in multiplayer.
How to Setup Online Chat
Find out how to use the Nintendo Switch Online app and start a voice chat room in Splatoon 2.
How to Turn Motion Controls Off
Learn how to disable motion controls in Splatoon 2.
How to Defeat the Octo Oven Boss
Find out how to beat the first boss in Splatoon 2.
How to Beat the Octo Samurai
Discover these helpful secrets to help you take down the second boss in Splatoon 2.
How to beat the Neo Octostomp
Learn how to defeat the third boss in Splatoon 2.
How to Beat the Octo Shower
Use this handy guide to find out how to beat the fourth boss in Splatoon 2.
Splatoon 2 Video Guides
Not much for reading? Use these links to access our video guide content for Splatoon 2.
Splatoon 2 brings the colorful world of the Inklings to the Nintendo Switch, allowing players to enjoy Nintendo’s fun and exciting shooter from the comfort of their home, or while on the go using the Nintendo Switch’s unique handheld mode. The game will be available on July 21, and players can purchase it via physical store locations, or by visiting the Nintendo store on the Switch.