Insomniac Games’ take on the Spider-Man series is finally here and players can dive headfirst into the web-slinger’s latest adventure right now. To help you be the best super hero out there, we’ve done all the leg work to give you the best information you’ll need to scour the streets of Manhattan and bring crime to a halt. In fact, we’ll share some helpful tips, as well as go over how to get all of the game’s various collectibles in this article. We’ll continue to update this guide hub over the coming days, so check back often for more info and strategy information.
Spider-Man PS4 Tips
- Gadgets are king when it comes to surviving combat encounters in Spider-Man. Not only will they make the fight much easier to manage, but they can turn the tide of battle very easily by giving you a few extra, useful moments to plan your next attack.
- Don’t be afraid to retreat for a moment during combat. Sometimes it can be easy to bite off more than you can chew and find yourself surrounded by enemies. If this happens to you, make sure you pull away and recover before diving back into combat.
- Complete side activities as you go. While stopping to help out the everyday citizen might not be at the top of your list of things to do—especially if you’re barreling through the main campaign—stopping to bring criminal activities to a halt, or just complete random side missions can reward you with very useful items that allow you to get new suits, gadgets and more.
- You can assign any suit power to any suit that you want. Don’t be afraid to experiment and find the combination that works best for you.
- Swap out your Suit Mods to make the most of each one. You can do this at any time throughout the game, so don’t be afraid to experiment a little and change out mods as you deal with new encounters. There’s nothing wrong with making the most of a situation.
- Dodge as much as you can. The less damage you take, the longer you’ll stay on your feet. With enemies that shoot guns, deal massive amounts of damage with single hits, and more, you’re bound to find yourself dodging quite a bit. Prioritize dodging when in combat, and always pay attention to your spidey-sense. It’s tingling for a reason.
- Stay in the air as much as possible during combat. This reduces the amount of hits enemies can score on you and gives you a better vantage point over them.
Spider-Man PS4 Guides
How to Solve the Museum Statue Puzzle
Learn how to solve the statue puzzle in Don’t Touch the Art.
How to Get Research Tokens
Find out how to get your hands on more Research Tokens.
How to get Crime Tokens
Unlock new upgrades by earning more Crime Tokens in Spider-Man.
How to Complete the Shrine Puzzle
Find out how to complete the Shrine Puzzle in Martin Li's office.
Combat Guide - How to Perfect Dodge
Learn how to Perfect Dodge and become a master at combat in Spider-Man.
How to Unlock Fast Travel
Get around the city easier by unlocking Fast Travel in Spider-Man.
Spider-Man is the latest iteration of the web-slinger’s story. Available exclusively on the PlayStation 4, Insomniac Games’ take on Peter Parker’s adventures is finally here and ready for players to dive into and explore. We’ll continue to update this guide with new links to strategy content and other goodies over the next few days.