Did you know there are almost 50 unique resources in Starfield? They have strange names like Europium, Neodymium, and Ytterbium. It’s the last one that causes so many headaches, though. Seriously, where do you find Ytterbium in Starfield? You need it for crafting and outpost construction, so let’s track down this rare material once and for all!
Where to Get Ytterbium in Starfield
You will find Ytterbium on several planets, including Maheo II; some barren and others not, scattered about the rocky outcroppings. It’s also possible to buy Ytterbium from several vendors.
|Tau Ceti V||Tau Ceti|
|Xi Ophiuchi III||Xi Ophiuchi|
|Xi Ophiuchi V-a||Xi Ophiuchi|
|Zeta Ophiuchi I||Zeta Ophiuchi|
If you don’t feel like exploring the many planets listed here, you can always visit one of the following merchants to buy Ytterbium in Starfield:
- Jemison Mercantile, New Atlantis.
- Mining League, Neon.
- Midtown Mineralson, Akila City.
What is Ytterbium Used For in Starfield?
Ytterbium has numerous uses, specifically within the Research Lab and Weapon Workbench, including:
- Receiver Mods 1
- Overclocked – Internal Mod
- Shock Charge Band – Internal Mod
- Ignition Beams – Magazine Mod
- Double Barrel Muzzle – Muzzle Mod
- Shock Charge Band – Muzzle Mod
- Binary Trigger – Optic Mod
- Binary Trigger – Receiver Mod
- Burst Fire – Receiver Mod