The many enemies of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice can be tricky opponents, and none more so than illusions. This enemy type can be summoned from the ground by certain bosses, and despite their name, these illusions deal serious damage.
The only counter to enemies that spawn illusions are Snap Seeds, one of the many consumables you'll find in the world. A single use of Snap Seeds is enough to wipe away any illusions in the area, letting you get back to business, but as a rare resource, they can be hard to find. To help you out, we've created the guide below to let you know where to find Snap Seeds in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
Whether you need them for the Lady Butterfly fight, or are saving them up for a future encounter, Snap Seeds are a vital consumable when taking on illusions and apparitions. You can get Snap Seeds from some enemy types in Sekiro, but there are also guaranteed locations in which you'll find them. Below, we've listed all of the guaranteed Snap Seed positions that we know of in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
- Hirata Estate: A dying NPC called Inosuke will give you a Snap Seed near the idol before the Lady Butterfly fight.
- Ashina Outskirts: In the area where you stab the Giant Snake in the eye is an item you can pick up to earn five Snap Seeds.
- Sunken Valley: Close to the Gun Fort Sculptor's Idol is a room with a number of heavy gunner enemies. Three Snap Seeds are up on top of the wooden platform.
- Sunken Valley: As you head to the Boddhista Valley from the Riven Cave Idol you'll find a monkey which appears to be praying in front of an item. Pick the item up to gain three Snap Seeds.
- Sunken Valley: Another Snap Seed is found near the Toxic Memorial Mob merchant at the bottom of the Boddhista Valley.
- Ashina Depths: There are Snap Seeds hidden up in the wall of the area you fight the Mist Noble.
- Merchants: While they won't be so useful at this stage, one you beat the True Corrupted Monk you'll be able to purchase Snap Seeds from any of the merchants in Sekiro.
Snap Seeds are primarily useful in the Lady Butterfly and Corrupted Monk fights, but there really aren't many out there, so try not to waste them before the fights! Looking for more guides? We can also help you find the Loaded Spear in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.