While going through various bits of dialogue in Rogue Trader, you may have come across the Iconoclast trait mentioned once or twice. Here’s what Iconoclast is in Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader.
What Does Iconoclast Do in Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader?
Iconoclast is one of the three major alignments in Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader, next to Heretical and Dogmatic. Each of these alignments coincides with a particular way of thinking and can provide a range of bonuses when your character focuses on that thought line. Iconoclast represents the value of human life and freedom and the desire to compromise with those you encounter rather than utterly obliterate them. If you want to see how you’re progressing in alignments yourself, you’ll want to check the Character menu.
Iconoclast, like the other two alignments, comes with five different ranks: Follower, Adherent, Votary, Fanatic, and Zealot. Once you’ve reached Votary, no other alignment can go beyond Adherent. As for Iconoclast, each rank provides the following talent:
- Follower – Above the Thundering Guns: The Rogue Trader and two random allies start combat with temporary wounds equal to their own resolve.
- Adherent – Master of Command: In the first round of every combat, the Rogue Trader and their allies gain +(2 + Rogue Trader’s Iconoclast rank) additional MP.
- Votary – Courage and Steel: The Rogue Trader and their allies need 30 less momentum to activate a heroic act.
- Fanatic – Transcend the Potential: Once per battle, the Rogue Trader may choose an ally. The target ally may immediately use their heroic act without spending momentum. Not applicable to allies whose heroic act is on cooldown.
- Zealot – Excellence: Any attacks from allies that may hit other allies will be dodged if possible. Any allied ability that may target an ally and has a resistance test will be resisted by allies.
Each alignment offers different talents to earn, so you’ll need to play different characters to discover them all.
If you’re looking for more help building out your character, check out our guide on how to respec your character in Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader.