How To Acquire a Lumina Hand Cannon
In Destiny 2, players are tasked with acquiring a powerful weapon known as Lumina. This weapon is unique in that it can only be obtained by completing a specific quest. In this guide, we’ll walk you through how to obtain Lumina and what you need to do to complete its associated quest. So, if you’re looking to add this powerful weapon to your arsenal, keep reading!
While your fireteam might be off partaking in the Halloween celebrations of the Festival of the Lost in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, you know better. That’s right. You’re going to be using the quiet time to get some R&R, and to make sure that when the Vex next come, that you’re as prepared as can be. Or maybe you’re new, and you’ve only heard whispers of some of the game’s infamous Exotics, and you’re wanting to nab them for yourself now. Enter our A Weapon of Hope quest Destiny 2 guide if you’re on the hunt for Lumina, the rare healing hand cannon.
Why Lumina has been popular in the past and is probably worth a pick up now anyway is the fact that it has some really unique perks. We’re talking two in particular – Noble Rounds and Blessing of the Sky.
With Noble Rounds, killing enemies will leave behind things called Remnants. If you pick them up and fire from the hip, the next shot you take in that manner will hone in on an ally and refill your magazine a little. Blessing of the Sky is the real kicker here, because it turns Noble Rounds used on an ally into healing for them, and also gives the both of you increased weapon damage.
Step by Step Lumina Quest Walkthrough
A Weapon of Hope is the questline that you’re going to have to embark on if you want to get the Lumina hand cannon. Using this Exotic, you’ll be able to heal your allies and bring some utility to the team which a full-damage build would be unable to do. However, to get the Lumina hand cannon, you first have to pick up a weapon called Rose as part of this overarching quest; you’ll turn this into Lumina after you imbue it with your power. Here are the quest steps for the A Weapon of Hope quest:
- Head back to where you found Thorn – the Salt Mines. You’ll be able to loot a letter from that fateful place in the EDZ, and this will be inside a chest at the back of the camp where you find Thorn.
- You’ll then be asked to find a chest in a Lost Sector – the location varies from player to player.
- You have to nab 250 Orbs of Light, which should be easy especially if you’re attempting this with a Fireteam; any Orbs picked up by your mates will count, so do any activity where you can farm them out and you’ll be set.
- You’ll be given Rose, and have to complete the following objectives – complete a Nightfall with 50,000 points (easily done with modifiers on), complete either Blind Well, Lost Forges, or Escalation Protocol until you fill up a point gauge, and generally kill enemies without reloading.
- After that, you just have to work Rose into your weapon rotation and complete activities with it until the quest is satisfied.
- Next, you’ll want to get Crucible kills (with a hand cannon), to get more orbs, and to kill a Gambit invader within 10 seconds of invading and before they can off someone on your team.
- Lastly, you have to finish the 1000 Voices Strike again, while also destroying 11 Hive crystals while you’re in the strike. Kill the final boss with Rose, and that’s really the end of the A Weapon of Hope quest in Destiny 2.
Completing all those steps as is will allow you to turn your Rose into Lumina, and as we mentioned, we reckon its perks are plenty worth it. Need a hand with anything else on the Moon? Check out our guide on getting the Outlast Gambit Prime weapon.