Climbing mountains like a snail is one of the most frustrating parts of exploring Hyrule in Tears of the Kingdom, but there is a way to speed up the movement whenever you want. The Climbing Gear armor set is one of the best ways to scramble up the side of a hill as fast as possible, and I can tell you exactly where to find all three pieces of the set.
Where to Find the Climbing Gear in Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK)
The tunic part of the Climbing Gear can be found in the North Hyrule Plain Cave, northwest of the Lookout Landing in Central Hyrule. The coordinates for the cave are (-1188, 0638, 0071). There is a shrine and a stable right near the area that can serve as a great waypoint.
How to Get the Climbing Gear in TOTK:
- There are two entrances to the North Hyrule Plain Cave.
- Either go in from the top of the cave or use the main entrance.
- Head to the waterfall in the cave and use the Ultrahand to spot the chest.
- Move through the waterfall and claim your gear.
The other two pieces of the set are found right near Zora’s Domain, and I had far more trouble getting them. However, it’s not impossible with some decent platforming.
Where to Find the Climbing Boots in Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK)
I picked up the Climbing Boots before the pants because it’s located in the Upland Zorana Byroad cave that is just south of the Upland Zorana Skyview Tower. For this cave, the coordinates are (2866, 0336, 0229). Use your glider to head all the way down the mountain to an entrance in the side of the rocks.
How to Get the Climbing Boots in TOTK:
- When you enter the cave, there are two paths ahead.
- Take the path on the right side that is hidden behind some rocks.
- Head to the end of the path and cut the vines to a flooded room.
- On the other side of the room, use the Ultrahand to lift the metal door.
- To the right side of the door in another room is the Climber’s Bandana.
Related: All Special Controls in Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK) Listed
The most difficult of the three Climbing Gear armor pieces is the bandana, and I will cover how I made it through all the slippery rocks next.
Where to Find the Climber’s Bandana in Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK)
The Climber’s Bandana is the last piece of the armor set, and they can be found at Ploymus Mountain Cave west of Zora’s Domain. The coordinates to the cave entrance are (3653, 0541, 0271). It took me an extra minute to find the true entrance, and it’s even lower on the mountain than you would think, so don’t be afraid to glide down.
How to Get the Climber’s Bandana in TOTK:
- Enter the cave and climb the rock to the right.
- Use Ascend on the slanted rock platform to your left.
- At this point, you must platform across the rocks to the other side of the room.
- Jumping while climbing is your friend because the rocks are so slippery.
- When you reach the other side with the crystals, the chest is in the room to the right.
- If you fall, which I did a few times, you have to start from the beginning.
Once you have all three Climbing Gear armor set pieces in Tears of the Kingdom, you will move like Spider-Man across any surface in the game. Just make sure there isn’t any rain. That always ruins the fun.