The Sims 4: How to Have Twins - Prima Games

The Sims 4: How to Have Twins

by Prima Games Staff

The Sims series aims to bring as much of the real world into its online universe as possible, so of course, there is an option to have babies. Further, the game also allows its players to have twins and triplets, but it’s a bit harder than having just one baby. In this guide, we are going to explain how to have twins in The Sims 4.

How to Get Twins in The Sims 4

If you’re familiar with the process of having a baby in The Sims 4 already, then you’re in luck, because having twins or triplets involves the exact same process. In fact, there isn’t really anything different about it.

The only main difference is that players have a much smaller chance of having twins or triplets when they have WooHoo than they do have to have a single child. In The Sims 4, the chances of having twins are 10% and the chances of having triplets are 1%, while the odds of having a single baby is 89%.

As you can see, there is a pretty good chance that when you engage in WooHoo with the internet of having a baby, that you’ll have a baby, but there is a pretty small chance that you’ll have twins or triplets. Luckily, there are a few different ways for players to increase their odds, but we will get to that later.

First, we want to explain how to get pregnant. To have the “Try for Baby” option in a relationship, players will need to have an official partner that they are either dating, engaged to, or married to and will need to have reached the 40-50% mark in the relationship meter. Once you’ve met the criteria, you’ll see the option to “Try for Baby” alongside the “WooHoo” option in the interaction menu. 

Alrighty, now that all of that information is out of the way, it’s time to explain how to increase your chances of having twins or triplets in The Sims 4. There are actually a couple of different options, depending on which packs you have, but there is one really good option that is available with the base game aptly named, “Fertile.” 

Related: Pee Fire Thanks to the New Sims 4 Update Glitch

This item can be purchased from the Satisfaction Store for 3,000 Points and simply increases the chances of having a baby in general. It’s unclear how much this will increase your odds in each category, but it has been confirmed that it increases them all.

If you have some of the expansions, you can continue to increase your odds with some things like the “Elixir of Fertility” (Outdoor Retreat Pack), “Fertility Massage” (Spa Day Pack), “On Ley-Line Lot Trait” (City Living Pack) and a few others. Players can also download mods to force their Sims to have twins or triplets, but that’s for another guide. 

While you’re waiting to see if you have twins in The Sims 4, be sure to check out some of our other guides:

How many children does your family have in The Sims? Be sure to let us know on Twitter or Facebook. 

You may also like