Welcome to your first true assignment within the world of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet’s latest DLC, the Indigo Disk. As you make your way toward the coastal Biome, you may want to start the search to get your hands on an Alolan Form Pokemon and finish your homework early.
Where to Find Alolan Form Pokemon in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet: The Indigo Disk
After making your way to the Coastal Biome, no matter your choice of Biomes at the start of the game, you’ll get your first piece of schoolwork, and that’s to track down and capture one of the regional variants of a Pokemon from the Alola region. Since it’s maybe been a little while since you’ve booted up Sun or Moon, let’s find a great place to look for these particular Alolan Pokemon.
By far the easiest Alolan Pokemon to capture in the Indigo Disk is Alolan Exeggutor; they’re all over the place. If you really want to finish your homework quick and easy, we recommend heading in literally any direction from the Coastal Biome’s outdoor classroom and looking for these easy-to-spot, tall-necked palm tree boys. Alolan Exeggutor typically hang out in packs, and you can’t throw a single Poke Ball in the Indigo Disk’s Coastal Biome without hitting a small group of Alolan Exeggutor.
But Alolan Exeggutor is not the only Alolan Pokemon in The Indigo Disk. While you may only need one Alolan form, you’ll want to catch them all if you’re hoping to fully complete your Pokedex. You’ll want to take a look at where I am on the map in the screenshot above, slightly northeast of the exclamation point, as there are plenty of exotic Pokemon that reside up here. This is the Torchlit Labyrinth, and not only will you have the chance to capture Pokemon like Alolan Muk and Alolan Exeggutor, but even the Alolan Diglett with hair up in this location.
If you’re hoping to add either an Alolan Muk or Alolan Exeggutor to your collection, you can wait outside of the cave, and they should slowly start spawning. Otherwise, you can enter into the cave and find a fair number of Alolan Diglett waiting within for you to battle and capture them.
You’ll find the location of the cave in the screenshot above, just enter inside and you’ll find these Pokemon alongside maybe a few others that you’ve missed. You can also enter and exit this cave if the Alolan Exeggutor and Alolan Muk are not showing up because as we know, Scarlet and Violet had some issues during the last DLC.
You’ll know that you’re ready to turn in your assignment when you see the Alolan Form underneath the name of the Pokemon, meaning that this is, in fact, the regional variant that you’ve been searching for. Return to your teacher and show off your new catch to continue with the story.
Which Alolan Pokemon are Available in The Indigo Disk?
The Indigo Disk includes many Alolan Pokemon running around the wilds of its various Terarium Biomes. In fact, Alolan Pokemon are pretty ubiquitous in The Indigo Disk. But not all Alolan Pokemon can be found in the DLC. Here’s the list of all Alolan Pokemon you catch in the Indigo Disk and where you’ll find them:
- Alolan Exeggutor: found all over the Coastal Biome. Note that any wild Exeggcute found in the game will not evolve into Alolan Exeggutor. Alolan Exeggutor must be caught rather than evolved.
- Alolan Grimer: found in the Coastal Biome’s southern grasses and beach, and the Torchlit Labyrinth.
- Alolan Muk: found in the Coastal Biome’s southern grasses and beach, and the Torchlit Labyrinth.
- Alolan Diglett: found in the Coastal Biome’s Torchlit Labyrinth.
- Alolan Dugtrio: found in the Coastal Biome’s Torchlit Labyrinth.
- Alolan Geodude: found all over the Canyon Biome and within the Chargestone Cavern.
- Alolan Graveler: found all over the Canyon Biome and within the Chargestone Cavern.
- Alolan Golem: evolve Alolan Graveler.
- Alolan Vulpix: found around the Polar Biome and Chargestone Cavern.
- Alolan Ninetails: evolve Alolan Vulpix (Pokemon Scarlet exclusive).
- Alolan Sandshrew: found around the Polar Biome and Chargestone Cavern.
- Alolan Sandslash: evolve Alolan Sandslash (Pokemon Violet exclusive).
Alolan Meowth, Alolan Persian, and Alolan Raichu are all obtainable in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet as well, but they are not catchable in the Indigo Disk’s Biomes. The only way to obtain these Alolan Pokemon is to transfer them from Pokemon HOME.
As it stands, Alolan Rattata, Alolan Raticate, and Alolan Marowak are the only Alolan Pokemon that are completely unobtainable in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
That’s all for Alolan Pokemon in The Indigo Disk. Be sure to check out our Pokemon Scarlet and Violet section below to learn more about the Indigo Disk, and find out where you can use the Indigo Style Card to give your trainer a whole new look once again.