There are always exciting things for players to experience in the world of Pokemon GO. One of the most recent kinds of activities that has captivated the attention of Trainers is the Throwback Challenge, which brings back some significant levels of nostalgia for fans of the franchise. The next entry in this series of events will be focused on the fan-favorite Hoenn region. Fortunately, we have the schedule and everything else you need to know about the Hoenn Throwback Challenge covered for you!
Pokemon GO Hoenn Throwback Challenge
Those interested in experiencing everything that this Pokemon GO Throwback Challenge has to offer will be able to do so beginning at 1 PM local time on Friday, May 15th. Players will then have until Friday, May 22nd at 1 PM local time to enjoy all of the action that this particular activity will be bringing to the world of the popular mobile game. This period of time will see players have access to Throwback Challenge 2020: Hoenn Timed Research.
Players who can complete all eight of the tasks for this Throwback Challenge will be rewarded with ten rare candies and an encounter with Groudon that knows the event-exclusive attack of Fire Punch.
There will be a treasure trove of exclusive features for the Hoenn Throwback Challenge that players will be able to take advantage of when they enjoy everything it has to offer over the next week. You can find all of these official features below:
- "Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region—such as Skitty, Zangoose, and Seviper—will be appearing more frequently in the wild.
- Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will also be available to battle in raids.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs: Lotad, Slakoth, Nincada, Skitty, Sableye, Mawile, Trapinch, Feebas, and Clamperl.
- In honor of Rayquaza being chosen in the Pokémon of the Year vote as the number-one Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region, Pikachu wearing Rayquaza hats will be appearing in the wild!
- If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Skitty!
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will reward encounters with Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region.
- The distance needed to hatch an egg once it’s been placed in an Incubator, and the distance needed to earn Buddy Candy will be halved."
There is no doubt that players will have plenty to enjoy throughout the duration of this activity.
Check out one of our video guides for the popular game where we take a look at the weakness and strength of Lugia:
Do you want to learn more about Pokemon GO besides the schedule and details of the Hoenn Throwback Challenge? If so, be sure to check out our dedicated hub for the high-profile game or three of our most recent pieces of coverage below:
- Pokemon GO Battle League Season 2 Rankings
- Every Way to Earn PokeCoins In Pokemon GO
- Pokemon GO Legendary Raid Rotation for Raid Hour Event