With the Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Update 10.12 patch dropping in the past week, there have been some changes made by Capcom to its beloved dinosaur-slaying product to make it even cleaner than ever. They're not very large changes, but they do affect both PS4 and Xbox users (the only platforms with access to the expansion at the moment). We'll go into detail about what's been changed, and also give you the patch notes if you want to have a read for yourself.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne Update 10.12 Guide - Patch Notes and Changes
We'll give you a quick rundown of the salient changes that Update 10.12 is bringing to Hunters regardless of platform:
- Great Sword Tweaks -- if you were having trouble activating charged slashes, then this should now be remedied. This would happen when you were dealing with terrain created by the monsters, like Jyuratodus mud, which made already frustrating ground even more annoying to cover.
- Music Doesn't Repeat -- getting tired of hearing the same music over and over in your base? Capcom has now fixed this so you're no longer trapped in an auditory hell loop if you wish to free yourself.
- Guardian Armor Bug Fixed -- wanting to deck our an alt in Guardian armor but unable to actually do so? This character creator bug has been remedied in the latest update.
- Don't Wander Far -- had your Handler absolutely chomping at the bit to get away from you in the Ancient Forest? You can now keep an eye on your younger sister a bit better; she stops gallivanting far from you.
- Radial Menu Issues -- had your radial menu pop up, refuse to leave, and then lock you out of your regular controls? That should stop being a problem now, and it should retreat when told.
Here's the full list of patch notes and changes for Monster Hunter World Iceborne Update 10.12 in case you wanted the full breakdown:
- Fixed a bug that would not allow you to select the Guardian armor during character creation.
- Changed the design of how certain songs would play on repeat while at base.
- Fixed a bug where players were getting the same decoration results when using the Elder Melder's First Wyverian Ritual.
- Fixed a bug at the quest counter where the optional quest "Completed!" marker color would change from red back to blue after save data is imported into Monster Hunter World: Iceborne.
- Fixed a bug where the "Language" section of the squad card editing screen would not display correctly after importing save data from Monster Hunter: World.
- Fixed a bug where the "Low Level Hunter Helper Reward" could be obtained even after failed quests.
- Fixed a bug where players could not properly obtain the "Glavenus Mantle" material from Acidic Glavenus.
- Fixed a bug where players' attacks would not properly remove Velkhana's icecloak if it was put into paralysis while its icecloak was active.
- Fixed a bug where the custom radial menu could be closed at the item box but would remain on the screen and disable normal controls.
- Fixed a bug where the Handler would keep moving in certain places in the Ancient Forest.
- Fixed a bug where great sword charges would not trigger charged slashes if the player landed on top of the ice ground created by Velkhana or mud created by Jyuratodus.
- Fixed a bug where the contents of expeditions were unintentionally updating after each use of "Change Objects in Area" in the training area.
- Fixed other minor bugs.
- In addition to this change, we are also exploring further changes to address the issue of intentional disconnects for resetting the Guiding Lands. While this should not affect players who enjoy the game normally, we'd like to ask for your patience as we look into implementing options that remove the need to attempt intentional disconnects.
Now that you've got everything that you need to know about the Monster Hunter World Iceborne Update 10.12 patch in one handy place, what are you waiting for? Update your game to the latest build so you can make the most of these bug fixes and keep hunting. Check out our guide to taking down Ruiner Nergigante if you're looking for a new target.