If you've been playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, then you've probably noticed the patches that have been rolled out over the past week or so in pretty quick succession. They've mostly been updates to improve how the game performs across the various platforms, and we've also covered off past patches involving balance changes. Now, check out what we know about Modern Warfare Update 1.06 and the adjustments that have been made to the game.
Modern Warfare Update 1.06 Patch Notes
The latest patch for Modern Warfare is almost 2GB if you're a PlayStation player, and almost 8GB if you're a PC player. There are some general changes that have been implemented, mostly to do with combating instances where the game has crashed for players. There have also been changes to how stun grenades interact with claymores, and more tweaks to audio design. We've gone through the full list of changes as per Infinity Ward's notes on this patch and reproduced them below:
- APCs and Tanks in Ground War no longer award points towards a nuke
- Battlechatter has been removed from tactical, one-life modes
- Claymores: Stun grenades can now force claymores into a disabled state for 3 seconds
- Fixes to prevent crashes and to improve stability across all platforms
- Fix for charms affecting weapon performance when firing from the hip
- Fix to an issue where Tac Inserts could cause players to spawn out of bounds
- Fix for the gold camo not unlocking on the .357
- Footsteps: Adjustments to tame the 3rd person footsteps. They will now filter out based on occlusion more.
- Playlist Update: NVG (TDM only), Ground War, Gunfight, Kill Confirmed, FFA
Now that you've got the latest and greatest on the Modern Warfare Update 1.06 changes, you should be able to confidently jump into your next play session knowing exactly what you're getting into. The new playlist update seems like it's definitely going to catch our fancy. If you need a hand with anything else in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, feel free to check out some of our other guides for the game: