Hot on the heels of Status Savannah, Infinity Ward has now officially pushed through some updates to do with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. There was a PC patch that went out last week which was aimed at solving long-running graphics issues, but now the Modern Warfare 1.09 update has been rolled out to all platforms that the game is available on. Check out our notes on this update.
Modern Warfare 1.09 Update Notes
The Modern Warfare 1.09 update has a number of fixes across the board which we reckon are considerably minor. We're talking minor spelling corrections, a fix for issues where players were having issues seeing objectives, and also a fix for when Ground War players would see filter interference even after spawning.
There have been some specific fixes for challenges in the game, and for missions affecting Officer progression for those who were wondering why their progress may have been hampered. We're also looking at weapon changes to the AUG, the 725, and the Model 680 in particular. These changes have tweaked damage at different ranges across all three weapons, whether it's reductions or increases when it comes to certain aspects of handling. We've included the full patch notes below from Infinity Ward as acquired from the community subreddit.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Update 1.09 Release Notes
- Special Operations: Fix for an issue where a player would see no objective after retrying a mission after spectating (Operation Paladin)
- CDL: Fix for rulesets in Search and Destroy where Field Upgrades were disabled
- Fix for an exploit where players could duplicate their killstreaks ("Fix for various exploits")
- Fix for the "Blue V" Optic challenge not displaying the proper text description
- Fix misspelling of "trophy"
- Fixed a bug that could cause the filter on the respawn selection screen to stay on screen when spawning back in
- Fix for an issue where the Select Loadout screen would keep reappearing after already selecting a loadout and attempting to spawn back in
The following challenges have been fixed:
- "Warrior's Code"
- Officer progression "Launch Destroys"
- Officer progression "Heartbreaker"
- Officer progression "Precision Airstrike"
- Officer progression: "Karma"
- Officer progression "Close and Personal"
- Increasing close range damage
- Increasing mid damage range and reduced chest multiplier
- Small reduction to base weapon damage range
- Significantly reduced the damage range added by attachments
- Small hips spread increase
- Reduced effective damage at the hip
- Slight reduction of damage range with all range-extending attachments
Now that you've got our Modern Warfare 1.09 update notes to refer to, it should be easy to see what changes have been made and to hopefully check some off your list of potential unresolved issues. Need a hand with anything else in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? Check out our tips and tricks below: