If Payday 3 isn’t letting you log in or if the Payday 3 matchmaking is not working, the game’s servers may be down. There are a couple of things that you can do to check whether it’s on your end or not. Here’s how to check Payday 3’s server status.
How to Check Payday 3’s Server Status
Unlike some other online titles, there’s currently no official Payday 3 server status website. This means you have to go to other lengths to find out whether it’s an issue on your side or the game’s. Here’s what we recommend doing to check the Payday 3 server status:
- Go to Payday 3 Twitter (X) page: The developer will post on the Payday official Twitter (X) account whenever there’s an issue, such as if the matchmaking isn’t working. This is our go-to method as you’ll be getting the word straight from the source.
- Check the Payday 3 Reddit subreddit: If there’s nothing posted on Twitter, users will often report outages on the Payday subreddit, which is r/paydaytheheist. If there’s nothing on the initial feed, sort by “New,” as this is the quickest way to see what’s happening in real time.
How to Fix Payday 3 Login Errors
If the Payday 3 servers aren’t down, then it’s likely a problem on your end. Here are some solutions you can try to see if it fixes your issue:
- Restart Payday 3.
- Restart your PC or console.
- Restart your router.
- Switch from a wireless connection to an ethernet connection.
- Reinstall Payday 3.
- Verify integrity of game files (for Steam).
How to Verify Integrity of Game Files on Steam
Verifying the integrity of game files on Steam can come in clutch for fixing a multitude of problems with games. What happens is that the game will run a check for any corrupt files, and then reinstall them. This process usually takes quite a long time, so be prepared for a lengthy wait. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Right-click the game in your Steam library.
- Click “Properties.”
- Find “Installed Files.”
- At the bottom you’ll find “Verify integrity of game files” to the right of “Verify this game’s files are installed correctly.” Click it.
- Wait for Steam to verify files.
Once that is over, the game will automatically fix faulty files and should give you a confirmation message once completed. It will also tell you how many files were found corrupt and reinstalled.
If you still can’t log into Payday 3 after trying the above, you can submit a support ticket on the PLAION Player Support website. Make sure you include the methods you’ve already tried to speed up the process.
Is Payday 3 Matchmaking Down?
As of October 9, 2023, Payday 3’s matchmaking is working. You can follow the official Payday 3 Twitter (X) account for current updates on the server.
Apparently, the devs pushed back a crucial update to mid-October, so keep an eye on this update in the future. It seems like scheduled maintenance times will be held on Tuesday and Friday going forward, as said by the official account.
While you kill time and wait for the servers to come back online, why not plan your Payday 3 build?