Tired of smashing your head against the wall that is Iron Banner armor acquisition in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep? We don't blame you. Even though there's been a whole slew of new Moon weapons introduced with the expansion, there are some Destiny classics that are just too good to pass up. Of course, we're talking about Thorn. Check out our Independent Study Destiny 2 guide to complete the weapon's questline so you can finally own it for yourself.
Independent Study Destiny 2 Guide: Thorn Quest Walkthrough
The Thorn questline isn't the most taxing, though it does require you actually finding the remains of this particular weapon in the wild before you can kick things off. You can pick up a ruined Thorn in Trostland within the Salt Mines. You'll want to ride the transmat to a cliff's edge, before following a trail of bodies like a beacon to a chest that has this Weapon of Sorrow just chilling out in it. Once you've found it, you can kick off the rest of the quest chain. We've listed each step and its requirements below for you:
- The Essence - this one's pretty easy. You just need to pick up 50 Hadronic Essence, and you can do this by either cracking through Nightfalls or running through unfortunate Warlocks in the Crucible.
- The Steel - you have to get your mitts on some Plasteel Plating, and this can be done by finishing Blind Well encounters or killing Titans in the Crucible. Bounties are also a feasible way to take care of this.
- The Binding - you have to get kills in the Crucible using Void energy or hand cannons. To be smart about it, use Void hand cannons and you're gonna blast through this step. We'd recommend cracking into Iron Banner for this since it'll give you the most credit.
- Something Yet Remains - easy enough, this is just about going to Tyra Karn at the Farm and having a bit of a chat.
- The Chasm of Screams - this one will involve participating in a special version of Savathun's Song, but once you've done that and killed the necessary arbiters than you'll be able to unlock Thorn for real
Now that you have our Independent Study Destiny 2 guide to hand, coming into possession of the infamous Thorn shouldn't be difficult at all. Need a hand with anything else in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep? We've got a guide on where to find the Trove Guardian roaming around on the Moon and what it drops.