Getting to the boss in any of the raids in Destiny 2 can be a pain if you do not have the right team on hand to progress through all the stages each week. Luckily, there is a free service called Checkpoint Bot that will warp you directly to the boss without having to complete the entire raid first, and we’ll explain how to use it.
How to Join Checkpoint Bot in Destiny 2
Checkpoint Bot is not an official feature within Destiny 2, but a simple bot that is literally sitting at the checkpoint before each raid boss. Players can use this bot to join its fireteam, and then claim the checkpoint as their own to complete on their own time. Here is how it works:
- Visit d2checkpoint.com.
- Take note of the number next CheckpointBot#### under the raid boss you want to warp to.
- In game, bring up the chat box with the Enter key on keyboard or Right D-Pad for controller.
- Type /Join CheckpointBot#### with the number signs filled in from the website listing.
- Once joined in the game, the entire fireteam has to wipe. The Checkpoint Bot also has to die for the encounter to reset.
- After the encounter has been reset, players will have the checkpoint and can safely leave the Checkpoint Bot fireteam.
The Checkpoint Bot is not a matchmaking service and is not meant to team up with others to complete the raid or grind on smaller enemies. Players join the bot, the team wipes, and then players leave to use the checkpoint on their own terms.
The raids may change over time as more are added or removed, but the website has several checkpoints available to join at any time. The raids include Last Wish, Deep Stone Crypt, and the normal and master versions of Ghosts of the Deep and Crota’s End.
The service is great for trying to get Exotic weapons only available through raids, such as how to get the Touch of Malice.