The new Vow of the Disciple Raid has just gone live in Destiny 2, and players are wondering how to start it up. Thankfully, this couldn’t be easier. All you need to do is go to Savathun’s Throneworld in the Director, then scroll up to the two on the left, past the Miasma. Here, you will see a new, white, triangular node. Clicking on this will give you the option to load into the Vow of the Disciple Raid.
Remember, the Raid will be in Contest Mode for 24 hours, which means some very specific rules will apply.
Contest Mode details
The first 24 hours of the Vow of the Disciple Raid will be in Context mode for the World First race. This means all players will be on a pretty equal footing, and it will boil down to in-game skill and puzzle-solving, not just grinding to be the strongest at start time.
Contest Mode will cap all players at 20 Power below each encounter of the raid for the full 24 hours of the race.
- Artifact power is enabled, but only provides benefit to players up to the cap of 1530 power for contest mode.
- You’ll want to reach 1530 Power by Saturday to have a fighting chance in each encounter.
- Some gear items will be disabled in the raid for the duration of contest mode due to general issues that could provide gameplay benefits. While these items may be used in other activities, perks and functionality on the following items will be nullified within the Vow of the Disciple Raid, with additional negative impacts to power levels if equipped:
- IKELOS_SMG_V1.0.2 Legendary SMG
- Imperial Needle Legendary Bow
- Grand Overture Exotic Machine Gun
- Wardcliff Coil Exotic Rocket Launcher
- Armor & Mods
- Wormgod Caress Titan Exotic Gauntlets
- Peregrine Greaves Titan Exotic Legs
- Suppressing Glaive Artifact Armor Mod
- Note: Additional items may be disabled if issues are found prior to the start of the race. Stay tuned to @BungieHelp for the final list to be published on Saturday morning.
- The first team to complete all encounters, loot the final chest, and return to orbit will earn the title of World First.
- Note: The six fireteam members present upon the completion of the final encounter will be declared the winners and be awarded raid World First title belts, any member of the fireteam who leaves during earlier encounter completions will not qualify.
- Winners will be announced via @DestinyTheGame after a validation process