Warzone’s Zombie Royale is back just before Halloween, and those looking to ward off the dead now have the chance to as various zombies have taken over Al Mazrah and Vondel. The game not only makes you fight these monsters but also makes you play as one.
Yep, that is right. When you die playing Zombie Royale you will not go to the Gulag. Instead, you will come back to life as a zombie, trying to take down the last players alive. So how do you play Zombie Royale in Warzone 2’s new “The Haunting” mode?
Warzone 2: How to Play Zombie Royale
To play the new Zombie Royale event, all you have to do is go to your main menu in Warzone 2. From there you will see an option to play The Haunting. Click on it and load into a game.
Not only does this new event feature zombies (as the name suggests) but it also is a direct collaboration with Diablo. In the trailer above, you can see that players face off against the infamous Lilith from the Diablo series.
This is an exciting new collaboration, especially with the horror theme added to the game.
Other collaborations associated with this year’s Zombie Royale are Ash from Evil Dead, Skeletor from He-Man, and more.
Zombie Royale release date and times
While their tweet suggests that the game mode releases on October 17, Zombie Royale does not actually drop until October 20. Here are the times players worldwide can expect the update to hit.
- Pacific Time (PT): October 20: 9 AM
- Mountain Time (MT): October 20: 10 AM
- Central Time (CT): October 20: 11 AM
- Eastern Time (ET): October 20: 12 PM
- Brasília Time (BRT): October 20: 1 PM
- Greenwich Mean Time (GMT): October 20: 4 PM
- Central European Time (CET): October 20: 5 PM
- Eastern European Time (EET): October 20: 6 PM
- Moscow Standard Time (MSK): October 20: 7 PM
- Indian Standard Time (IST): October 20: 9:30 PM
- China Standard Time (CST): October 21: 2 AM
- Japan Standard Time (JST): October 21: 1 AM
- Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST): October 21: 2 AM
- New Zealand Standard Time (NZST): October 21: 4 AM
Are you excited to face off against the undead? Check out our guide on all rewards and modes in The Haunting event for MW2.